Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xboarder56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
Anyone that has ordered the Caldigit TS3 Plus durin the preorder direct from Caldigit should be getting a shipping notification soon. I just received mine from caldigit indicating that they are shipping it today using FedEX. I can’t wait to try this dock out it has everything that I wanted in a thunderbolt 3 dock.

bwv1060

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2006
Anyone that has ordered the Caldigit TS3 Plus durin the preorder direct from Caldigit should be getting a shipping notification soon. I just received mine from caldigit indicating that they are shipping it today using FedEX. I can’t wait to try this dock out it has everything that I wanted in a thunderbolt 3 dock.

I received a USPS tracking number last night (label created, still not shipped). Did yours ever ship out?

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Mine is on the way - should have it today/tomorrow.
Will be reviewing it for my YT channel, but looks fantastic - all the ports you could ever need, including the UHS-II SD Card reader and a 3.1 Gen 2 USB-C port as well as a Gen 1!

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Mine arrived today!!
Smaller then I thought it was, but seems really high quality!
Review will be up soon ;)

Reactions: djbuddha

xboarder56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
I got mine it’s sitting at my house right now. I’ll have it up and running in 2 hours. Let me know if you have any questions. Mine shipped with fedex

bcbickers

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
Katy, TX
I bought mine this past Monday, the 19th. My order confirmation email stated, "First shipment sold out. Second shipment expected Delivery: March 12-19, 2018". I got a shipping notification from the post office (USPS) today!! My dock is already on its way (departed post office in Placentia, CA) and will be here Friday. :)

xboarder56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
Mine just arrived, will try it when I get in!

Nice! I’m sure you will enjoy it I have used mine and it’s been a dream. Everything just works with a single cable. I also ordered a thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter to use the dock with a Mac mini.

djbuddha

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2011
Nice! I’m sure you will enjoy it I have used mine and it’s been a dream. Everything just works with a single cable. I also ordered a thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter to use the dock with a Mac mini.

I have a Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter and have this running to an old 2012 rMBP I use to offload video encoding jobs while I work. I've had the dock running for 20 minutes and I have the old Macbook Pro networked through the dock via the Thunderbolt daisy-chain port, works fine. I recently sold my OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock and picked this one up. (Also, I have the version that shipped with the 2 metre cable).

Here's my mini-review:

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...d-reader-for-250.2103609/page-3#post-25838067

Last edited:

Cuttle42

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2018

Sorry this may be a dumb question but I have a mac mini and have it connected to dual monitors TB2 to displayport. My company is sending me a 13 inch MB pro as well and want to be able to hook up to the same dual external monitors. Just wondering are you using this dock exclusively for the Mac mini or are you doing something like I ultimately want to do with both mini and MB pro?

djbuddha

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2011
I want to know if this dock will work with dual p2715q's without issue

You'd have to convert the Thunderbolt daisy chain port to HDMI with an adapter for 1 monitor and then use the DisplayPort out for the other monitor. Can't see why it won't work.

Remember, the other USB-C ports are not for driving displays.

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
You'd have to convert the Thunderbolt daisy chain port to HDMI with an adapter for 1 monitor and then use the DisplayPort out for the other monitor. Can't see why it won't work.

Remember, the other USB-C ports are not for driving displays.

Above configuration will work fine.

xboarder56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
Sorry this may be a dumb question but I have a mac mini and have it connected to dual monitors TB2 to displayport. My company is sending me a 13 inch MB pro as well and want to be able to hook up to the same dual external monitors. Just wondering are you using this dock exclusively for the Mac mini or are you doing something like I ultimately want to do with both mini and MB pro?

I’m doing something like you want to. I have a thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter that I have that I will switch between the dock depending on the computer I want to use. Not the best solution but it works for switching over all the peripherals with a single cable.

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Do you use the Caldigit app on your MAC, for disconnecting all devices simultaneously etc?

Cuttle42

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2018
I’m doing something like you want to. I have a thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter that I have that I will switch between the dock depending on the computer I want to use. Not the best solution but it works for switching over all the peripherals with a single cable.

Thank you!

xboarder56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
Do you use the Caldigit app on your MAC, for disconnecting all devices simultaneously etc?

Yeah I do have the app installed, I have noticed though it’s only for ejecting storage media. Which I hardly have plugged in so I probably have no need for the application but I left it installed.

Reactions: Ifti

jimthing

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2011
D
Yeah I do have the app installed, I have noticed though it’s only for ejecting storage media. Which I hardly have plugged in so I probably have no need for the application but I left it installed.
Does the application also eject Tbolt 3 connected storage? (Or is it only USB ones?)

xboarder56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2015
D

Does the application also eject Tbolt 3 connected storage? (Or is it only USB ones?)

Not sure on that one as I only have USB based storage connected. I would assume probably not though because it is operating at the end of the chain.

jimthing

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2011
Not sure on that one as I only have USB based storage connected. I would assume probably not though because it is operating at the end of the chain.
Just got mine.

I can confirm the Eject Utility does NOT eject Thunderbolt connected storage devices. Which is a pain in the backside TBH.

Also, the Tbolt storage does NOT sleep properly either...
I put my MBP to sleep, but the Tbolt drive keeps waking from sleep every hour or so, spins-up for 40-60 mins, then sleeps again – all without waking the Mac.

Is there any way of controlling connected drives to make them stay awake or sleep as one chooses? Whether that's via the dock, macOS itself, or another software utility out there?

jimthing

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2011
Just got mine.

I can confirm the Eject Utility does NOT eject Thunderbolt connected storage devices. Which is a pain in the backside TBH.

Also, the Tbolt storage does NOT sleep properly either...
I put my MBP to sleep, but the Tbolt drive keeps waking from sleep every hour or so, spins-up for 40-60 mins, then sleeps again – all without waking the Mac.

Is there any way of controlling connected drives to make them stay awake or sleep as one chooses? Whether that's via the dock, macOS itself, or another software utility out there?
I can't even get the Eject Utility to work at all! I keep getting these messages:

First this:
Untitled.jpeg
Then this:
Untitled 2.jpeg

@CalDigit_UK can you help?

Reactions: Ifti
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.