Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaggunothing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Bangalore, India
Hi,

Calendar throws an error after adding a new google calendar item. Clicking on the error triangle gives you "Your event couldn’t be refreshed. The calendar was not found on the server". Screenshot below.

d7fb8eea-eaa3-4994-89b4-3e68714b33d5

Though the calendar will remain in the app, it will not get added to google calendar and hence won't show up on other devices including iPhone or another Mac or even the google calendar on web.

Issue happening on my Apple M1 Pro, Mac OS Ventura Updated to 13.4 and Google workspace which is provider for the organisation.

On the other hand if I add the same calendar in google calendar via a browser window, it shows up fine on the Mac Calendar app.

Same calendar invite works fine with the older MacBook Air running Monterey.

Tried toggling the calendar button On Off with restart. Deleting account and adding it back with restart. Nothing has helped. This has been the case since last few months when I realised the issue.

Please help since it is annoying to go back to browser for every calendar invite to be added!

Thanks in advance.

SusannahJo

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2023
Has anyone found a solve for this yet?
I have the same problem. And the July 17th date is included with my message as well. The actual invite has nothing to do with July 17th. I saw the unhelpful response on the apple discussions site provided. Very irritating. :-(

Thank you in advance for sharing any additional insights.
1692820080680.png

Best,
S.

jaggunothing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Bangalore, India
Has anyone found a solve for this yet?
I have the same problem. And the July 17th date is included with my message as well. The actual invite has nothing to do with July 17th. I saw the unhelpful response on the apple discussions site provided. Very irritating. :-(

Thank you in advance for sharing any additional insights.

Best,
S.

Issue still persists, I am using gmail calendar on web browser now to add the invites to avoid this issue. It is a crappy way, but at least it syncs across all the machine. More so since I got a upgraded MBA at work and now that also won't allow adding lol

JRK275

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2023
Same problem. It's very annoying. I keep missing meetings because invites keep disappearing on one of my devices, and I get the same triangle and message.

Reactions: jaggunothing

jaggunothing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Bangalore, India
I may have found a solution. Seems to be working on my personal MacBook Pro for now. Will try it with work work machine next week once I return from travel.

Chanced upon the solution while trying to see why sync was slow for mail app. One of the solution suggested was to go to google accounts > security > Less secure app access > toggle it "On" and closed my mail app, waited for it fully exit and then opened it again. (https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?)

Did not find any changes in the way e-mails synced. So I turned it back to "Off".

But voila! Now the calendar invites I am able to accept, and it is not showing the dreaded error triangle when I click Command + R!

Will update after I am fully convinced that this has worked!

jaggunothing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Bangalore, India
Confirming that the issue has been resolved for me in both my official MacBook Air as well as Personal MacBook Pro. This is what worked! Quoting earlier post below on how I chanced upon the solution, do try it out and let me know if this works for you.

FYI Both machines are now on Sonoma 14.2.1 update also, and calendar addition from mail app works just fine.

Step 1 - Goto google accounts > security > Less secure app access > toggle it to "On" https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?

Step 2 - Close Mail, Calendar app. Wait for it to fully close (The active dot should go from the dock)

Step 3 - Start Mail and Calendar app again. Let it sync once.

Step 4 - Go back to Step 1 toggle it back to "Off". This is a good practice from security perspective, otherwise leaving it On should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.