Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
Anyone else having calendar search problems on the new iOS 16? Search is coming up with "no results" even though the event is obviously on my calendar. It seems to only find events I entered after the upgrade. I'm on a 13 pro currently.

Attachments

• IMG_3892.PNG
    IMG_3892.PNG
    175.3 KB · Views: 839

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
I just experienced this. Running 16.0.3, so I guess they haven’t figured it out after a month. Also having trouble with Siri. Not impressed with the (lack of) polish on 16.

• Sad
Reactions: reebs

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
I just experienced this. Running 16.0.3, so I guess they haven’t figured it out after a month. Also having trouble with Siri. Not impressed with the (lack of) polish on 16.
Also happening to me. Can’t search my calendar for anything and also having Siri issues. Frustrating.

ThatTechGuy

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
I was having this issue as well running iOS 16.1. I fixed it by going to “Settings > iCloud > Apps using iCloud > Show All” and toggling off Calendar and choosing to “Delete from iPhone”. After a few seconds I turned Calendar back on and allowed it to sync for a few minutes. Even before my whole calendar was synced I was able to search for events and they began to show up in the results again like normal.

azstarman

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2022
Anyone else having calendar search problems on the new iOS 16? Search is coming up with "no results" even though the event is obviously on my calendar. It seems to only find events I entered after the upgrade. I'm on a 13 pro currently.
Calendar problems have apparently been reported FOR YEARS. I'm sorry, but there's just no excuse I can think of for there being any problem. For me, worked fine on iPad but not iPhone (XR) with 16.1.1. I THINK it was fine earlier.

KatRo

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2023
I was having this issue as well running iOS 16.1. I fixed it by going to “Settings > iCloud > Apps using iCloud > Show All” and toggling off Calendar and choosing to “Delete from iPhone”. After a few seconds I turned Calendar back on and allowed it to sync for a few minutes. Even before my whole calendar was synced I was able to search for events and they began to show up in the results again like normal.
Thank you so much for posting this, it worked!! :)

Jeff23

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2023
Thanks so much for this suggestion - I began having the same problem on my MacBook after upgrading to Ventura 13.5.1. Toggled Calendar off and then on under "Apps using iCloud" (no option to "Delete from Mac"), waited a couple minutes for it to sync, and presto all of the past events are showing up again in Calendar Search. Thanks again!😃

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.