Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Try the local TV/Newspapers "crimebusters" section.
Show them the info/work you've gathered, notified Police and nothing is being done and you need their help.

Good luck, I feel for you.

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
If it's been three weeks, odds are that your camera is already gone.

Small claims court is probably your best (legal) course of action.

projectone

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2008
i live in vegas too! who are you?

well anyways, i'm stereotyping but first rule is don't deal with people who look fishy to begin with. you should of just dipped and tell them you got offered a better deal and couldn't say no.

secondly, since you like to do this craiglisting stuff, maybe do it inside a target where there is a starbucks inside them. reason for this is because there are cameras, its out in the open with alot of people and there is a security guard at the entrance and will probably run for them cause they ran out the store with merchandise(although its not even their products) or will go for them if you yell help or come back you f***in b*****d. -- do it in a place where there are cameras and security (even if it means at your bank... this ensures you get paid legitimately and not receiving counterfeit money). I am 110% if you do it in a bank where there is a security guard they will chase or maybe even taser them for you. And best of all, all this can be done at no additional cost unless you buy a drink at starbucks lol.

even though a small claim might sound good, dont bother. cause 1. you gotta go downtown to do that, then the process with take forever. 2. your gonna spend the same about of money doing that when you can go get yourself a new one.

otherwise if you do file a claim, hope to get your cash by black friday. im pretty sure there are gonna be good dslr deals at frys or elsewhere... wvwn walmart maybe. Whatever though, its your situation and your money (if you do get a claim) and i dont want to tell you what to do and what to do with your money. this is just my .02

Techhie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
The hub of stupidity
i live in vegas too! who are you?

well anyways, i'm stereotyping but first rule is don't deal with people who look fishy to begin with. you should of just dipped and tell them you got offered a better deal and couldn't say no.

secondly, since you like to do this craiglisting stuff, maybe do it inside a target where there is a starbucks inside them. reason for this is because there are cameras, its out in the open with alot of people and there is a security guard at the entrance and will probably run for them cause they ran out the store with merchandise(although its not even their products) or will go for them if you yell help or come back you f***in b*****d. -- do it in a place where there are cameras and security (even if it means at your bank... this ensures you get paid legitimately and not receiving counterfeit money). I am 110% if you do it in a bank where there is a security guard they will chase or maybe even taser them for you. And best of all, all this can be done at no additional cost unless you buy a drink at starbucks lol.

even though a small claim might sound good, dont bother. cause 1. you gotta go downtown to do that, then the process with take forever. 2. your gonna spend the same about of money doing that when you can go get yourself a new one.

otherwise if you do file a claim, hope to get your cash by black friday. im pretty sure there are gonna be good dslr deals at frys or elsewhere... wvwn walmart maybe. Whatever though, its your situation and your money (if you do get a claim) and i dont want to tell you what to do and what to do with your money. this is just my .02

1. I drove 45 minutes across town for the deal, and with another guy also on his way for a "swap" I wasn't about to just walk away.

2. I had no idea the address he had given me was a public park (there happened to be many people around, but I digress)

3.While the process of small claims court does take time, the fee is only around $60 and I don't have to pay for representation. Either way, I know I won't have the money for black friday. Henderson courts say avg. is 90-120 days to get a hearing.

r1200mike

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
FT. Benning Area
Call the TV News folks

Call the news people and tell them what is going on. How the police were GIVEN the crooks name and ALL the info they could want and they do NOTHING. You can do this with out showing you face too. It will get alot of bad attention and that is what the cops dont want for sure. Maybe even get them off of their A$$ too. Me personally I would go to their house and.... well I guess I cannot say that. I would not take it sitting down for sure. My .02

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.