Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
My second HomePod mini is really ticking me off. It just keeps configuring forever and not finishing setup. I just moved it close to my router and am trying again, but I’m wondering if I can wait to set the two as a surround sound pair til AFTER I get this to actually set up?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
yes, once it's added as a single, you can change it to be part of a stereo pair.

Not sure, but if you've got the other set as default audio for an aTV, I might try un-doing that, and then try making the stereo pair. then setting the stereo pair to the default audio.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
yes, once it's added as a single, you can change it to be part of a stereo pair.

Not sure, but if you've got the other set as default audio for an aTV, I might try un-doing that, and then try making the stereo pair. then setting the stereo pair to the default audio.

Okay thanks! Of course that will require this one ever actually getting finished configuring. If it doesn’t work this time, I’m returning it and going to Apple for a new one.

I bought this one from Target, and it’s still on software 15.4, although I have good WiFi, and have the speaker right by my router, so I don’t understand why it’s taking so long. All my software on everything is up to date.

Kenny99

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2018
ST. Louis, Mo.
Sorry don’t have anything else to suggest. It just took 90 min to update my two Mini’s. Update downloaded the update files for each Mini and then did the updates individually also. Don’t understand why it doesn’t use just one update file for all mini’s on the same networ?

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I finally got it done. Hooked it up to my iMac. Update was done within 5 minutes, then took about 5-10 to get set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.