Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wozmatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
At the bottom of the Apple music app screen it shows:

My Music | Playlists | Radio | Connect

Radio and connect are two icons I never use nor intend to use.

I just updated my iPhone 4 (iO7) to an iPhone 5C (iOS9) so this is a bit of a shock.

Can you replace them with something like.. Songs, Albums, Genres, etc. like you could back in iOS7

Remember when you could rearrange and choose what you wanted there? that was great!

I really don't like this crap being forced upon me.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Not really replace them but now you click on My Music icon then tap artist etc up about in middle of screen to select the different options you mentioned.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
You can disable Connect through Restrictions in Settings. It replaces the Connect tab with a Playlists tab. That's about as far as we can get these days unfortunately. :/

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You can disable Connect through Restrictions in Settings. It replaces the Connect tab with a Playlists tab. That's about as far as we can get these days unfortunately. :/
If you already have a few icons on bottom, then yes, one of them will be replaced by playlist icon.
But if you don't have Apple Music on, then playlist icon is already there.
Nevertheless, we at least need to keep "my music" and "radio", "playlist" over there for quite a while.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
At the bottom of the Apple music app screen it shows:

My Music | Playlists | Radio | Connect

Radio and connect are two icons I never use nor intend to use.

I just updated my iPhone 4 (iO7) to an iPhone 5C (iOS9) so this is a bit of a shock.

Can you replace them with something like.. Songs, Albums, Genres, etc. like you could back in iOS7

Remember when you could rearrange and choose what you wanted there? that was great!

I really don't like this crap being forced upon me.

Unfortunately you can't. Massive oversight on Apple's part. It looks like a massive joke especially when you disable Apple Music and there is all that wasted space. Would love to have the choice to put albums, artists, songs etc down there.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
I just did the opposite... I went from a device running iOS 9 to a device running iOS 7, and OMG it feels so good to have a REAL music app again. And this is coming from someone who hated iOS 7 when it first came out. iOS 9 is so bad that it's making me like iOS 7.

I know that doesn't help the OP, but I just had to express my joy.

Reactions: oldmacs

Talukdar

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2015
I haven't seen anyone who like this Music app. Yet Apple hadn't done anything about it. I don't why they are pushing their customers to hate them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.