Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirty Mac

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021
Not anywhere near Uranus.
Cancelled my order. Since UPS doesn't require signature and once dropped, if stolen you can't get your money back. Porch Pirates have already taken someones iphone in my building. Wish they'd use FedEx. On a side note, how come the Apple Store doesn't allow orders to be picked up at the store? Only way I can do pickup is if they have the phone in stock. It sucks.

Buck_Naked

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
Cancelled my order. Since UPS doesn't require signature and once dropped, if stolen you can't get your money back. Porch Pirates have already taken someones iphone in my building. Wish they'd use FedEx. On a side note, how come the Apple Store doesn't allow orders to be picked up at the store? Only way I can do pickup is if they have the phone in stock. It sucks.
You could have used UPS My Choice and checked off the box to have your Iphone held at UPS for pickup. I use that option and it works fine. If you didn't want to create a MyChoice account you still could have called UPS, provided them with the tracking info and verbally requested a hold at the UPS facility for pickup. Either works.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Today there was finally limited availability of some Pro Maxes in stores around GTA. I managed to get one for pick up as replacement for the one I currently have. I chose not to go with replacement option they send as I don’t want to be stuck in the cycle of replacement phones should the one they send is not great.
For those of you looking. I notice that stock became available around noon-1 pm, most likely when the delivery was received today. So keep checking tomorrow.

Reactions: Buck_Naked

Dirty Mac

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021
You could have used UPS My Choice and checked off the box to have your Iphone held at UPS for pickup. I use that option and it works fine. If you didn't want to create a MyChoice account you still could have called UPS, provided them with the tracking info and verbally requested a hold at the UPS facility for pickup. Either works.
Ahhh... thanks for reminding me about My Choice. Ordered a Pro Max and if any show up in stock before it ships, I'll grab from the store and cancel the olnline. still, a long wait now... end of Oct/early Nov. bleah

habs0nut

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2014
UPS just delivered the watch and 2 trade-in kits but no phone which has not had any additional scans since the fake attempted delivery on Friday.

It was the usual UPS driver who serves our area delivering today and he just left everything on my porch tucked into a corner. I know others have already said here that no signature required and sure enough, this was just left.

I am really surprised by this as I had a FedEx driver one day who was delivering AirTags tell me that they can’t leave anything being sent from Apple and they always need a signature. Last week the case and screen protector I ordered from Apple arrived via FedEx and needed a signature.

So the phone still hasn’t shown up and there hasn’t been any additional scans since the “attempted delivery” on Friday. I called UPS yesterday afternoon asking for an update and the person said if I didn’t receive it by 7pm last night to file a claim. I asked why they were under the impression that it’s out for delivery if it’s not showing any scans in the app. They just repeated themselves and said to file a claim.

Sure enough, 7pm came and went and no delivery or any updates in the app so I went ahead and started a claim. This morning I received an email from UPS saying because it’s from Apple, I actually need to reach out to Apple and they need to submit the claim. So I called Apple this morning and told them the story and the agent said they’d take care of it and not to worry. They asked if I wanted a new phone shipped or a refund and I explained that I had already went and picked up a phone so a refund would be great.

They said that I should hear something within 48 hours. Tonight i received a refund processing email from Apple so this was quickly resolved. The agent apologized a few times but it’s not their fault, this is on UPS.

I did ask about if they were aware of no signature requirement and they said they were and agreed it din’t make much sense considering someone could order a Pencil or AirTags and a signature is required.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Trying to upgrade to the 15 Pro Max from my 15 Pro. What is the best way for me to find one within the next week? I add it to my bag every morning and search for local pick up but been unsuccessful thus far. Suggestions?

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Trying to upgrade to the 15 Pro Max from my 15 Pro. What is the best way for me to find one within the next week? I add it to my bag every morning and search for local pick up but been unsuccessful thus far. Suggestions?
Keep trying. I needed one as replacement for the defective one I got launch day. There was zero stock until yesterday. Don't know where you are geographically, but a few units were available yesterday in the GTA. Very-very few. I managed to get Nat Ti 256 one at Yorkdale. Saw the same one at Sherway, lost it during checkout.

jeff282

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto

Yea as @Ariel32 said keep tying. I've been using the InventoryWatch app (free if you have a Mac) and it's been pinging me of availability. Also check Costco (need a membership) but they have them for sale online outright, stock comes and goes.

Yesterday I noticed a decent spike of Apple inventory around 1 pm ET in most 15P models (except the one I want lol), I've not been tracking PM but I'd imagine maybe similar.

I am looking to go the opposite direction, I am looking for a Nat 256 15P and was able to find one at Costco but shipping is not going to be until next week so still keeping an eye on the Apple stock as I'd prefer to have them both a few days to compare. my 15 PM return date is Oct. 6.

Reactions: Ariel32

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
I know it's because of the trade in box, just seems funny. What you sending the screen separate? lol

1695927172824.png

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Keep trying. I needed one as replacement for the defective one I got launch day. There was zero stock until yesterday. Don't know where you are geographically, but a few units were available yesterday in the GTA. Very-very few. I managed to get Nat Ti 256 one at Yorkdale. Saw the same one at Sherway, lost it during checkout.

Thanks. In the GTA will keep an eye out everyday.

Dirty Mac

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021
Question about pickup orders now that Pro's are showing up (tho really want a Max). I see if you order one for pickup the only option is to pick it up that day and choose a time. If I ordered how long would they hold it if I couldn't get there that day and maybe be 3-4 days before I could?

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Question about pickup orders now that Pro's are showing up (tho really want a Max). I see if you order one for pickup the only option is to pick it up that day and choose a time. If I ordered how long would they hold it if I couldn't get there that day and maybe be 3-4 days before I could?

I believe they give you 7 days, the email they send out after confirming says it as well.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Any idea on how long Rogers orders are taking? Ordered a 15 pro last Thursday and it just states that it’s on back order with not shipping/delivery estimates

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
Mine was just dropped of at home. 15PM original date was Oct 5-11, so couple days earlier than expected.

Still debating if I'm going to keep it or send it back. With the Apple Watch I use my phone a lot less...

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I got a text message today that my 15 Pro Max 256gb Black will deliver tomorrow, after having an Oct 11-17 date at time of pre-order at around 8:30am of the first preorder day with all the issues.

I'm quite pleased because my Techarmor screen protector had just arrived yesterday after being on pre-order at amazon. I already have my new QuadLock case as well!

Glad Apple is working quickly to get them out.

Reactions: Davidnguyen_89

Dbsr87

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2017
Does anyone else think the 15 Pro prices are insane in Canada?

$1838 after taxes for the 15 Pro 256GB
$2011 after taxes for the 15 Pro Max 256GB

Reactions: hr10

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada

$2011? mine was $1976.37 exactly, 256gb Pro Max. In Ontario.

But yeah. insane. I really don't need 256gb and was forced to get it. Was fine with 128gb for my 12 Pro Max for 3 years. Not sure why they did this and not on the Pro which can still get 128gb.

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020

It’s not as bad here in Alberta where they are $1678.95 and $1836.45 respectively after taxes, but they are definitely worse in other provinces where taxes are higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.