Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhav234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
Hey guys,

Me being dumb as always cancelled my product that was coming to me in a few days.

I was trying to find out about Apple's return process, and on the order page, I clicked on the return option. I didn't know that one click would generate a return request, and now I am just feeling dumb and sad.

My trade-in was also cancelled.

Does anyone know what would happen now?

As I said, the product is yet to be delivered. It was scheduled to be delivered on 20th May, but now that I have raised a return request.

I can't contact Apple now as it's the weekend.

What would be the process now?

Will it still be delivered? and then I will have to return it just to claim the trade-in again?

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Apple wouldn't have let you cancel it if the product was on it's way. Typically, unless the item was marked as "shipped" you should be good.

You will have to start a new order and trade-in request.

bhav234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
Apple wouldn't have let you cancel it if the product was on it's way. Typically, unless the item was marked as "shipped" you should be good.

You will have to start a new order and trade-in request.
well it does say ”shipped” 🥲 and arriving on 20th.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Hope your Trade in value isnt -$100 now Apple gives peak Trade In credit for just a few days after launch.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
It’s not possible to cancel an order that is in the process of shipping or has shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.