Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
those :""B"shaped protrusions aren't as big as I think you think they are.

I'm gonna try jamming it on one last time tomorrow before I get out the glue.

if it works and looks slightly funky, IT STILL WORKS. :D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I am a bit concerned that glue will screw it all up. I'm guessing it's worth the effort to go the non-glue route, even if it takes some time, because glue will undoubtedly make the cap too loose or too tight, and either of those will make the little buggers not work - and since it'll be super-glued on, and since Canon lens assemblies are notoriously prone to damage from bumping, jiggling, etc, you'd break it trying to get the cap back off.

Or it'll all work out fine.

Or you can just say, hey, you're out the camera, but you did win that PB, so you're ahead of the game. ;)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
since I don't like threads that don't have a resolution...

jsw said:
Or you can just say, hey, you're out the camera, but you did win that PB, so you're ahead of the game.
yeah, ok. :rolleyes: :p

Anywhoo, I GOT IT FIXED!!!

if this happens to anyone in the future, make sure the downward-pointing stubs on the tiny black "leaves" go IN FRONT of the springs. I had to hold the spring back with a needle in one hand and position the little black leaf with another needle.

I unsuccessfully tried to make a pair of tiny chopsticks with the needles. Did not work.

To get the black front thingiee back on, I had to separate it from the decorative metal ring (the part that says canon zoom lens 4x) and file down the little points a TEENSY bit. then, I used a bit of fray-check applied with a needle to affix the metal ring back to the camera.

I've turned my camera on and off about 20 times.. nothing's sticking, nothing got glued together, and all in all, y'all are awesome. hooray for MacRumors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.