Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Ok. So would you say that it is worth the extra cash? It could be something to upgrade to later on I suppose.

Unless you're planning to shoot sports (where the XTi's focusing system would really pay dividends), I'd just go with the XT. I have it as my second body and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Lovesong's right - spend the extra money on the lens(es).

mr.light

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Unless you're planning to shoot sports (where the XTi's focusing system would really pay dividends), I'd just go with the XT. I have it as my second body and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Lovesong's right - spend the extra money on the lens(es).

Our daughter is a Figure Skater and she will likely be a favorite subject for a while. Will the XT handle the movement OK?

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Our daughter is a Figure Skater and she will likely be a favorite subject for a while. Will the XT handle the movement OK?

Skating rinks tend to have notoriously bad light. AF will likely be a challenge w/o focus assist, and you'll be looking at heavy, expensive, fast glass pretty quickly. The money you save on the XT will start to help ease the pain of a 70-200mm f/2.8... It's a lot cheaper to have the kid take up an outdoor afternoon sport ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.