Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Man, I cannot believe the clarity with your photos.. Looks better than real life. Was there much post-picture editing done on the tiger shoot?

Thanks.. no, not really.... I used the Canon 50D and all L lenses for those images... and I use Lightroom 2.6 as my RAW converter and then use the Nik Software suite to finish them up as I do about 90% of my images.. I know enough about CS4 to be dangerous and that not saying much. I would not classify myself a Photoshop guy at all.

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
cool, thanks :) sorry to bother, i just meant specifically, what kind of editing would you the on on such a picture, for example, the one posted on this thread. sharpening tools perhaps?

No problem. In fact there is a post on my blog about my RAW workflow.

As you know, RAW images are just that .. RAW data... with NO processing done to them IN the camera. YOU (the photographer) does all the work processing the image. Part of the Nik software suite is a tool called Sharpener Pro. I always sharpen last IF needed... sometimes adding contrast and/using the clarity slider in LR is all you need if your image out of camera is "pretty sharp" to begin with. I always apply Sharpener Pro and then COMPARE before and after ... and I go with the version that my eyes like the best. Of course, you can oversharpen so you have to be careful.

I hope this helps

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Great job Mark. I really like your work and enjoy your website as well. It's easy to navigate and looks sharp. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
No problem. In fact there is a post on my blog about my RAW workflow.

As you know, RAW images are just that .. RAW data... with NO processing done to them IN the camera. YOU (the photographer) does all the work processing the image. Part of the Nik software suite is a tool called Sharpener Pro. I always sharpen last IF needed... sometimes adding contrast and/using the clarity slider in LR is all you need if your image out of camera is "pretty sharp" to begin with. I always apply Sharpener Pro and then COMPARE before and after ... and I go with the version that my eyes like the best. Of course, you can oversharpen so you have to be careful.

I hope this helps

brilliant, thankyou :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.