Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Is anyone else having an issue with the YouTube app where you can't swipe right on some sections? For me, I'm seeing it at least under Subscriptions and Settings. Both of these have a secondary menu (not sure if that's what it's called). So like from Subscriptions you can pick through your list or go to all of them. Or Settings, go to what section, then edit them.

How do you even report these issues to YouTube so they can fix it?

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
I have the same issue as you and additionally I sometimes can't scroll through those icons when a video is playing (those where you can change the resolution, turn on subtitles, etc.).
The YouTube app is just such a pile of garbage on all (Apple) devices, it's bit even funny. 🙄
The only reason I use it on my iPhone/iPad is that it automatically signs you in to google.com if you sign in to YouTube, which is also major bullcrap.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Yeah, some sections now require an extra click to select before it’ll let you move to the menu on the right. Hope they fix this.
Where am I supposed to click to make this happen?

I'm running the new public beta on one of my Apple TVs so I thought it was a bug. Turns out it's happening on the other 2 also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.