Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sur

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2018
I've tried all of these method. NO any effect. after installation of a carefully selected version of Web drivers with all the above and other methods and after restarting I see only default Nvidia driver again.
I've tried el capitan, sierra, high sierra... i've tried to reinstal with erasing disk etc... No... my new 970 mac edition NOT switch to Web driver after rebooting....
Mac pro 4.1 (upgrade to 5.1) All OS work notmally. And default drivers work but only one monitor and NO sound via HDMI
(displayport)... Please help! I need to work and instead, I have been trying to solve this stupid problem for a whole week ... I have invested a lot of money for upgrading this Mac, and now I can’t to force to work these drivers to work properly .. this is my last Apple computer ... there are a lot of problems, and so difficult to find a solution on the Internet. For Win 10, you solved any problem in half an hour ... trouble. trouble ..

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
I've tried all of these method. NO any effect. after installation of a carefully selected version of Web drivers with all the above and other methods and after restarting I see only default Nvidia driver again.
I've tried el capitan, sierra, high sierra... i've tried to reinstal with erasing disk etc... No... my new 970 mac edition NOT switch to Web driver after rebooting....
Mac pro 4.1 (upgrade to 5.1) All OS work notmally. And default drivers work but only one monitor and NO sound via HDMI
(displayport)... Please help! I need to work and instead, I have been trying to solve this stupid problem for a whole week ... I have invested a lot of money for upgrading this Mac, and now I can’t to force to work these drivers to work properly .. this is my last Apple computer ... there are a lot of problems, and so difficult to find a solution on the Internet. For Win 10, you solved any problem in half an hour ... trouble. trouble ..
This is a NVRAM problem, try to clean it 3 times in sequence and test if it works, if not, you will have to do a BootROM reconstruction.

Sur

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2018
This is a NVRAM problem, try to clean it 3 times in sequence and test if it works, if not, you will have to do a BootROM reconstruction.
thanks. I will try.

p.s. Many-many thanks, Man! The reusable reboot of NVRAM helped!!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.