Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dustin_

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2021
Banderas Bay, Mexico
Hey all, I use Canva on an iPad, and recently have lost the ability to copy/paste between designs. After reaching out to Canva, they claim this is the result of a change Apple made in 17.4. From Canva support:

After thorough testing and collaboration with our development team, we have identified that iOS 17.4 has introduced limitations that impact the ability to copy and paste content under certain conditions. We understand how crucial this feature is for a seamless design experience, and we want to ensure you have all the necessary information to continue creating with ease.

Here are the specific scenarios where the copy-paste function will not perform as expected on devices running iOS 17.4:
  1. Copying content from one design (Design A) and attempting to paste it into another design (Design B) on the same device.
  2. Copying content from a Canva design on another device and attempting to paste it into a Canva design on a device running iOS 17.4.
  3. Copying content from an external application and attempting to paste it into a Canva design on your iOS 17.4 device.

I don’t have access to a non iOS device. Am I screwed out of my regular copy/paste workflows? Do y’all know of any workarounds?

Any ideas as to why Apple made this change? Anyone else experiencing this? I genuinely appreciate any help or guidance. Unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be a fix in 17.5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.