Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angrygolfer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
PA
There is a company called ProClip USA http://www.proclipusa.com

Basically they sell a 2 piece system. first you buy the piece specific to your vehicle, then you buy the piece specific to your device. Unfortunately they only have a universal device holder for the iPhone right now. However they are working on a device holder custom for the iPhone (I spoke to them on the phone about it). The nice thing is it will be able to rotate from verticle to horizontal.

This company's products are built extremely well and very easy to install. The vehicle specific piece is designed to fit is reachable places off your dash. They really are amazing. To me its worth the wait their custome iPhone holder.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
i second angrygolfer on proclip. i have a car mount kit from them for my treo, and it's great. i emailed them the other day to ask them if they were going to develop an iphone mount, and here's the reply i got:

We hope to have a holder for the iPhone available soon, but because of its touch screen, horizontal and vertical orientation, and other unique features, it may take a little longer to create a perfect holder. It might also have a different connection than the dock connector that is standard on all current iPods and iPod Nanos. Based on the iPhone's listed specifications, it may fit in our adjustable holder (Item No. 848636) or our holder with charging cable attached (Item No. 960640). You will be notified by email when a holder is created and available for online order.

Best Regards,

ProClip USA Customer Service
Toll Free: +1 800-296-3212
Fax: +1 608-838-8949
Email: customerservice@proclipusa.com
Web: http://www.proclipusa.com

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
It does fit in the proclip adjustable, I have had several treos in the past, 600,650,700p, and now a 755p by using the adjustable mount I could leave my treos in a skin case. The only drawback is you have to manually plug in the phone and then squeeze the mount to hold it. The one made for the treo would just slide in, and would be connected, it has a cigarette lighter charger cord already on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.