Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vaugha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2011
I downloaded the official twitter app from app store and and the computer all of a sudden bam! froze. I closed the lid and then after about 3 min, I heard fan spinning and the computer rebooted by itself. When I logged in, I'm greeted w/ a message saying the computer restarted b/c of a problem. It's a 2019 mba. Catalina has been nothing but issues since I installed it. Jeez man, Apple has degraded in quality in software.

Christian2525

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2020
What do you mean by "virtual hard disk"?

when I upload my backup image it creates a virtual disk for me and I cannot erase the previous one.

I think there is problem with uploading the encrypted backup image.

Look image with error

Attachments

• IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 168

LuisN

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2013
Torres Vedras, Portugal
Update to 10.15.5 and when I select the sleep mode when it turns on again I get the error

Then update the version of supplement 10.15.5 and I also have the same problem in sleep mode.

Are there any suggestions or solutions?

Cheers
I found this in some web site and it worked in my mid 2013 MacBook Air

sudo pmset -a standby 0 ;\

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 ;\

sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0 ;\

sudo pmset -a powernap 0

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
when I upload my backup image it creates a virtual disk for me and I cannot erase the previous one.

I think there is problem with uploading the encrypted backup image.

Look image with error

Macintosh HD volume is read-only so you can’t restore to it, disabling the SIP won’t affect that either.

I see 2 instances of the Macintosh HD - Data volumes listed in the first picture you posted. Is that what you are referring to as the Virtual hard disk? If that is then something is messed up with how you have done your install. Do you see a drive named Macintosh HD - Data on your Desktop?

Last edited:

askey

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2020
I came across this thread during my research and wanted to loop back:

I recently bought the latest 2019 16" MacBook Pro (OS v.10.15.5) and had this issue as soon as I booted it up. Unfortunately, when the computer reboots, my crash reports don't appear-- the "Report..." button shows up on boot, but it doesn't show anything and there's no report generated in the console.

I contacted Apple multiple times and we went through the usual suspects: remove conflicting software, reinstall OS, turn off Power Nap, reset PRAM/ SMC, create a new user and switch when putting computer to sleep.

I finally was connected with someone who researched the internal Apple comms instead of just going through debugging steps and she said this is a known software (OS) issue among Apple engineers that effects certain MacBook/ MacBook Pros-- She assumes the crash log issue is as well. It will apparently be patched in the next release.

I'm assuming in certain cases certain steps (i.e. Power Nap, reset PRAM/SMC) will remedy the issue, but if all else fails it's a matter of waiting for the next OS update. If that fails, the fix is ArchLinux and ThinkPad.

LuisN

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2013
Torres Vedras, Portugal
I came across this thread during my research and wanted to loop back:

I recently bought the latest 2019 16" MacBook Pro (OS v.10.15.5) and had this issue as soon as I booted it up. Unfortunately, when the computer reboots, my crash reports don't appear-- the "Report..." button shows up on boot, but it doesn't show anything and there's no report generated in the console.

I contacted Apple multiple times and we went through the usual suspects: remove conflicting software, reinstall OS, turn off Power Nap, reset PRAM/ SMC, create a new user and switch when putting computer to sleep.

I finally was connected with someone who researched the internal Apple comms instead of just going through debugging steps and she said this is a known software (OS) issue among Apple engineers that effects certain MacBook/ MacBook Pros-- She assumes the crash log issue is as well. It will apparently be patched in the next release.

I'm assuming in certain cases certain steps (i.e. Power Nap, reset PRAM/SMC) will remedy the issue, but if all else fails it's a matter of waiting for the next OS update. If that fails, the fix is ArchLinux and ThinkPad.
I solved that problem in my MacBook Air using these commands in terminal that I found in some site:

sudo pmset -a standby 0 ;\

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 ;\

sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0 ;\

sudo pmset -a powernap 0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.