Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RK78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2019
Re. Legacy Bootable Copy Assistant (Ventura OCLP)

Successfully created this as a backup on an external drive - shows as startup disk and starts up properly. But have not been able to use this to make a bootable copy at an empty volume using CCC Restore, selecting the Legacy Bootable volume as source, empty disk as destination. Since CCC doesn't copy over the EFI partition, have manually copied the contents of the original EFI * at the destination, plus have also tried using Build and Install to Disk from within the copied volume by selecting the proper parent disk of the external (what I did originally to make the successful Legacy Bootable volume bootable - on inspection the EFI on the copy appears to be identical to the orignal ).

Either way, nothing I've tried works. The new volume created by CCC Restore never shows up as a startup option, nor does it show up using the EFI boot option on a restart. Did this as a test, and it seems pointless to have a working Legacy Bootable backup if it can't be bootable when copied to an empty volume, or to replace a corrupted Ventura OCLP install if some unfortunate event occurs.

Perhaps someone can explain what I might be doing wrong, offer the proper steps to make this work, or point me to something that might help with this.

*Did this by way of EFI Agent, which is able to mount and open the appropriate EFI.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.