Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manhattanmania

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Hi - can someone who has the new M4 iPad Pro cellular version confirm if the T Mobile $10 for 5GB/150 days plan (exclusive to iPads) still exists in settings?

Went to Apple Store to check but no cellular models were on display.

Thanks!

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I don’t have mine yet so can’t confirm for you, but an alternative I think is decent is Roamless. Rather than buying data for a set amount of time, you add funds to your account and it takes from those funds as you use data at a rate of $3.25/GB in the US.

So for $10, you would get a little over 3GB rather than 5GB with T-Mobile, but it wouldn’t expire in 5 months. I think that’s better if you are a really light user. It also uses AT&T in the US and works in 60+ other countries at different rates.

They have a referral program also. You get $3 in credit when you sign up with someone’s referral code and they get $3 also. You also get a $5 credit the first time you add $20 to your account, so you can get $28 worth of data for $20 if you do that which would give you 8.6GB of data that again doesn’t expire. I don’t want to post a shameless referral code so if you’re interested, you can send me a DM and I’ll send you my code.

manhattanmania

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
I don’t have mine yet so can’t confirm for you, but an alternative I think is decent is Roamless. Rather than buying data for a set amount of time, you add funds to your account and it takes from those funds as you use data at a rate of $3.25/GB in the US.

So for $10, you would get a little over 3GB rather than 5GB with T-Mobile, but it wouldn’t expire in 5 months. I think that’s better if you are a really light user. It also uses AT&T in the US and works in 60+ other countries at different rates.

They have a referral program also. You get $3 in credit when you sign up with someone’s referral code and they get $3 also. You also get a $5 credit the first time you add $20 to your account, so you can get $28 worth of data for $20 if you do that which would give you 8.6GB of data that again doesn’t expire. I don’t want to post a shameless referral code so if you’re interested, you can send me a DM and I’ll send you my code.
Interesting, had never heard of that! Thanks for mentioning I’ll check it out.

formularossa

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2024
I just got my 2024 M4 iPad - the 5GB / 5 month / $10 plan still exists and I just successfully purchased it.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I have my cell
plan up long ago and just use my 15 ProMax as a hotspot. Costs me nothing. I still
always get cellular for the GPS.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
I just got my 2024 M4 iPad - the 5GB / 5 month / $10 plan still exists and I just successfully purchased it.
I got it too. It is a little sketchy not able to see how much data is used on the T-Mobile website. Also, seems like it’ll be annoying to reset it up after 5 months. When I call support to get questions answered they don’t understand the plan either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.