Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
So I think you all know these warnings of compromised passwords in the iOS settings. I basically changed the password for a newspaper (I was using a password recommended by my iPad) and then it said I was also using this password for this site "tinypass.com".

First, I was wondering what this site is, and second, I thought what a huge coincidence it was, that the newly recommended password by apple was identical to one I was apparently already using somewhere else. I also thought these passwords may not be random, but instead, the same password came out twice.

(That's not how it is of course)

So anyway, I re-changed the password of my newspaper-account, and suddenly, the password saved for tinypass.com also changed to that new password of the newspaper.

HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT POSSIBLE? And what is this shady site anyway? It doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's piano-something now, but can't login there.

Was I hacked?

sdfox7

Contributor
Jan 30, 2022
USA
Not sure if it's related, but I've experienced this issue in the past with Citibank websites. Best Buy, Home Depot, Citibank caused a conflict where it would save the password for only one of the sites and try to insert the same one for all. I believe this is because they use the starting landing as "http://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/".

I believe it was fixed; probably by referencing the entire URL instead of just the domain.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.