Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Hahah I remember that thread. Some people were really delusional about the performance. I guess when you're used to crappy GPUs in Macs, you set the bar low.

Regardless, it should run all these 90s games fine... I think.
I'm not sure about Starcraft or Doom

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Got Starcraft already on my Alienware desktop... not planning on playing Doom or Doom II for the umpteenth time. I spent some time last night installing a ton of games. Think I'm going to start with Command & Conquer: Red Alert. I played multiplayer all the time, and never finished any of the campaign stuff. Then probably going to move onto MechWarrior games.

peter522

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2017
I am using HP Omen, this is one powerful laptop. Even its base configuration, it comes with the latest Intel Core i7 processor. This is a true quad core i7, unlike some other laptop-grade i7 chips. Not only that, but you can upgrade the graphics card up to a GTX 1070 with 8GB of dedicated GDDR5 RAM for video and up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM for the entire system. Way more than what’s necessary to play all the latest game at high settings.
What’s more, you even get an SD card reader. This will allow you to use one laptop for work and play.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I am using HP Omen, this is one powerful laptop. Even its base configuration, it comes with the latest Intel Core i7 processor. This is a true quad core i7, unlike some other laptop-grade i7 chips. Not only that, but you can upgrade the graphics card up to a GTX 1070 with 8GB of dedicated GDDR5 RAM for video and up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM for the entire system. Way more than what’s necessary to play all the latest game at high settings.
What’s more, you even get an SD card reader. This will allow you to use one laptop for work and play.

What does this have to do with a cheap Gaming PC?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.