Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
I don't know how far you live from that Arts and Sciences structure, but if you have a chance to go back in the evening with a tripod, try to take 3 or 5 frames as follows without moving the camera:

1. Normal exposure
2. Set EV to +1.0 and snap
3. Set EV to +2.0 and snap
4. Set EV to -1.0 and snap
5. Set EV to -2.0 and snap

You can do this in JPEG or RAW.

Now download the trial version of Photomatix from http://www.hdrsoft.com and follow the simple tutorial to create a tone-mapped HDR image. (btw, Photomatix cannot import RAW so you'll need to convert RAW to JPEG or TIFF.)

I haven't used Photomatix in some time, but if you need assistance I can post some pointers here for you.

In general, though, any scene with high contrast works well with HDR, particularly in the evenings and early mornings (at sunrise).

Edit: Here's an example of what I mean. The normal photo is similar to yours with the pinkish sun. But the HDR version captures the true colors!

Thanks, great info

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
thanks guys..... I'm not a phorographer either, but I love to take pics, so I wanna learn how to capture cool looking photos when out with friends, vacations, etc.

I'll keep reading and informing myself on the different aspects of photography so I can keep improving .

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.