Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
That wasn't Epicwelshman that said the stupid D100 > Canon thing, it was Agent004.

Thanks dude :)

Haha, I may say some dumb things, but I think I'm fairer than that :)

I always try to stay as neutral as I can. I'm a Nikon guy, but I appreciate the quality Canon puts into their products - they're just not for me. Similarly, I'm a Mac guy, but I appreciate the (admittedly few) advantages that Windows, or the use of Windows, may hold over the Mac.

That being said, termina3... I appreciate the mature way i which you handled my metaphorical slap in the face. You weren't obnoxious, but reasonable (albeit, wrong).

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
The Nikon branding scheme makes no sense to me. Why do they do it like that?

[insert racial joke about Japanese here]

No one knows (read: I don't know); it could be personnel changes, change of plans mid-stream, or for no particular reason.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
[insert racial joke about Japanese here]

No one knows (read: I don't know); it could be personnel changes, change of plans mid-stream, or for no particular reason.

I think essentially didn't start planning well enough when they began. D1, D2, D3 is fine... we have at least 9 more generations before that gets old. D100, 200, 300 was working, until they interjected the D700 which screws everything up. And then, beginning the consumer line with the D50 is very confusing.

They need to start over, but they prob won't until it's too late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.