Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Well duh. This is a camera forum on a Mac site, what do you expect?

Pretty dumb place to ask any kind of photography question: the chances are you'll get 10 responses from pixel counters / equipment wankers for every 1 from someone who uses their camera to, you know, take photographs.

The responses that do make me laugh are the ones that try to justify their own poor decisions and persuade the suckers to follow suit. "I bought a D90 and some ****** Sigma glass and therefore so should you, even if the D90 has been superceded and Sigma produced the cheapest and nastiest glass you can buy." The thing is, this guy doesn't care because he doesn't take any photographs anyway.

You were one of the one's I was referring to. But it's all good.

SLC

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
The D90 is a nice camera. The D5000, which replaces it, is just better. Why wouldn't you buy the updated version?

In your case I won't be taking any advice on photography from you on these forums.

I have a D90 and I love it.

As for taking advice about photography on these forums generally, all I can say is that I've read some very helpful advice and been very satisfied with the results. On the other hand, there are some, just like in the Apple forums, who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

That's life. :cool:

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
to end this bickering, i would like to thank everyone that has brought so much crap to this thread. I wont get into an argument with anyone over my equipment. In the end the op needs to buy what he wants.

'never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then they beat you with experience'
/F

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Nikon vs Canon is like Chevy vs Ford or Honda vs Toyota.

People have different opinions, preferences and things that appeal to them or turn them off. The best advice in this thread is go play with both of them and see which one appeals to you. Virtually all of the various models mentioned here will take fine pictures. Some have things they do a bit better than others, but overall, if you take the time to learn to use whatever camera you decide on, you'll be able to take great pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.