Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the7th1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Munich, Germany
Hi - last week my Apple Watch SE stopped working properly when I am out of range from my iPhone. I have a dataplan and eSim for the Watch, and have done no changes.
Since it stopped working I tried resetting the Watch several times, ordered new eSim from the carrier, spent several hours on the phone with carrier customer support... Nothing works. The Apple Watch won't sync data at all, unless on WiFi or in range of iPhone.
Anyone heard of this?

Atish

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
If you've already tried resetting your Apple Watch and updating the eSIM without success, it might be a hardware issue or something specific to your watch's settings that isn't straightforward.

Here are a few things you might still try if you haven't already:

Check Coverage:
Ensure that your carrier has good coverage in the areas you're visiting without your iPhone.
Update Software: Make sure both your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software versions, as updates can often fix bugs related to connectivity.
Re-Pair Watch and iPhone: Sometimes, unpairing and then re-pairing your devices can resolve lingering connectivity issues.

If nothing works, it might be helpful to visit an Apple Store or an authorized service provider for a diagnostic. Sometimes direct intervention can spot issues that aren't obvious over customer support calls.

Have you tried switching esim carriers?? Try Better roaming, they work really well.

Reactions: the7th1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.