Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do your apps regularly get broken with updates?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 14, 2008
UK
Sunday rant.....🤯
I am really starting to get fed up with app updates 'constantly' breaking things...:(

I usually update Apps on my iPad as soon as I see them, but in future it's going to be like my Mac, with extensive research before updating.
Not only are Apple's own apps (TV app) messed up, 2 apps I have recently updated are screwed up now.
At least on my Mac I can restore a clone.

Developers...leave it alone if you can't do it properly.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
I am only pissed with apps which went from lifetime premium to premium plus - where your old lifetime premium is not giving all features.
Yea, AccuWeather and “Just 6 Weeks” - I am talking about you ;)

Last edited:

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
I am only pissed with apps which went from lifetime premium to premium plus - where your old lifetime premium is not giving all features.
Yea, AccuWeather and “Just 6 Weeks” - I am talking about you ;)
FlipaClip has this new "Plus" subscription they've introduced recently along with the old "pay once to permanently get X feature" system... I bought the premium bundle around 2019 and have all the features I need, but if I recall correctly the subscription gives some bonus features. I don't need them so I don't buy the subscription. At least they didn't remove some features you had with the permanent unlocks to swap them to the subscription service : P

Reactions: addamas

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
My gripe with app updates is that few (if any) developers provide actual release notes with them. It's always something generic like "bug fixes and updates."

Reactions: MarkC426

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
One of the perks of having multiple iPads. I test new firmware or critical apps on one iPad first before updating the rest.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 14, 2008
UK
Ok one of my apps (Funko) has just received an update which fixed everything.
The previous update obliterated the interface and broke numerous things, making it unusable, but I think mass feedback from users forced them to fix it....:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.