Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Hi!

I opened the app Diary again today after not having used it for weeks and I can’t find my entries anymore!

Where can I find them? Or does the iPhone auto-delete diary entries? Did I set that up myself?

I’m not very happy about this☹️

Good day,
K.

Attachments

• IMG_1222.png
    IMG_1222.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 41

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Your data is gone, unfortunately. Other people have had the same app bug problem. You can check your iCloud just in case something is there.
Wow, "bug" is a serious understatement for losing one's data.
From what I read about the Journal app, these data are saved on the device itself, not in the iCloud.
What a bummer - congrats to Apple.

Reactions: Kay_Ess

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Your data is gone, unfortunately. Other people have had the same app bug problem. You can check your iCloud just in case something is there.
Oh, wow… Well, at least it’s good to know it’s not my own fault.
I’ll check iCloud on my pc later just in case.
Thanks for sharing your insight.

Wow, "bug" is a serious understatement for losing one's data.
From what I read about the Journal app, these data are saved on the device itself, not in the iCloud.
What a bummer - congrats to Apple.
To be honest I always wrote stuff down and then burned it so no one could read it so maybe it’s a feature! Haha, no, it’s still a bummer. I thought I had found a secure place to store thoughts I’ll forget.

Reactions: GerritV

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Oh, wow… Well, at least it’s good to know it’s not my own fault.
I’ll check iCloud on my pc later just in case.
Thanks for sharing your insight.

To be honest I always wrote stuff down and then burned it so no one could read it so maybe it’s a feature! Haha, no, it’s still a bummer. I thought I had found a secure place to store thoughts I’ll forget.
Haha indeed, what a "killer" feature!
As for iCloud, I never trusted that medium either. Good luck.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Haha indeed, what a "killer" feature!
As for iCloud, I never trusted that medium either. Good luck.
Yeah, I honestly wanted to upgrade my iCloud yesterday and let my dad and sisters use it to backup their stuff in the cloud but if Apple can just casually lose your data and they don’t even announce it then it’s not a party I can trust to keep my pictures safe. Gonna spend a little more and go with a company that focuses on security and reliability now.

Reactions: GerritV
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.