Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macanadian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
BC
devincco said:
To the naked eye, there really isn't a difference between 6MP and 8MP. ........

For DSLR, pick the glass you want to use (Nikon, Canon, Pentax, etc) and then pick the body from there. Your investment will be with the lenses, not the body. The camera bodies will be updated much faster then the lenses will be. Thats one reason almost all DSLR's can use older lenses. Even ones that fit on 35mm.

So correct about the lens!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Macanadian said:
I'm not pleased on how digital Pentax cameras are. From what I've seen they are still using AA batteries (yechh). Maybe a CRV3 will fit. That is the only thing I hate about them right now.

Has anyone here used a Pentax Digital SLR?

Currently I'm leaning to Canon Rebel or Nikon D50.

AA batteries are beneficial in some ways. Just get some good Rayovac NiMH AA sized batteries and off you go. On the other hand, if you don't mind selling your Pentax lenses and getting something like....oh.....a Nikon ( ;) ), then the D80 is probably a fantastic option, although a D50 is also very good. I have one of those. You should watch out though. The Nikon D50 "might" be updated soon. It is about the right time....

balofagus

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I just bought the Pentax K100D and a love it. I bought as my mom had an old Pentax w/lens and always liked it. Mind, I've never shot with a Canon, Nikon or any other dSLR. The K10D sounds pretty exciting but I'm just as happy with my K100D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.