Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
To the OP, I don't think you're going to be able to fix it if water leaked into the battery compartment.

Is there a chance that you could help your girlfriend buy a $99 point and shoot? If you don't need anything fancy, I doubt there's much difference.

We've been traveling to 4 different continents so I guess $99 point and shoot isn't good enough:p

Glad your camera's working. But if you're old enough to buy expensive presents for your girlfriend, you're old enough to understand that trying to return something you broke is both illegal and just plain dishonest.

best
allen

To be honest, I've really done something immoral like that but I'll never do that again. It was when my $2300 laptop was stolen and Lenovo delayed my new order for a month. Being so broke and desperate to use a laptop for my project, I bought a cheap Acer from Walmart to be used and returned. I haven't got my Lenovo yet when I returned the Acer so I bought a laptop again from Walmart but this time I sell on Craigslist so I won't be guity to Walmart for 2 times. At least my second purchase from Walmart 'reset' my sin with them :p I won't do it again nor letting someone I know do the same thing, lol

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I added a rider to my homeowner's insurance that provides coverage against most everything, even accidental damage, for the expensive electronic equipment I own (digital SLR, computers, LCD television). Doesn't cost very much. Wouldn't help in this case, though - my deductible is $200. :D

Be very, very careful with homeowner's riders- if you make the wrong claim, you could lose your HO insurance, and that will kill most mortgages. Generally, I recommend folks get a seperate policy- shouldn't cost more than about $20-25/month for significant coverage that doesn't affect the house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.