Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
God i hate Black Friday deals couple of days ago I grab myself a Lenovo LOQ gaming laptop, Ryzen 7, RTX 4060, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR5 for less than a grand usual price is around £1300, as i got a lot of games on Steam i haven’t played in years, really missed the Command & Conquer games I put many hours into.

I already have a 13" M2 MacBook Pro with 16GB & 512GB of storage, but now i have a gaming laptop it probably not get used much as i like so I'm thinking about selling it on.

Logical thing to do is to sell it on while it now discontinued as my MacBook Pro will cover the cost of the Gaming Laptop & then some & later down the line when cash allows it buy either a 15" M3 MacBook Air or M4 Air, should i ever have the need to use Mac OS again in the future, because i have a feeling the 13" MacBook Pro will probably plummet in price soon.

What do you think should i keep or sell my 13" MacBook Pro?

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
to me it sounds like a good reason to sell it and get the most for it now then let it sit and collect dust. Like you said, you can always get one down the road if you want to use it again. For me I went windows for my desktop and MacBook for the portability and I love this combo

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
That you're posting the question to yourself more than anyone else suggests you want to sell. Ultimately, nobody can make decisions for you.
agree. only you know why you may want to keep it.
no one cares (or could care) as much as you. not sure what you expect someone else to say.

Reactions: Basic75 and LeeW
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.