Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
No disadvantages aside from cost, and it looks like you don't need to worry about that. There are a lot of advantages to buying that MacBook, such as good battery life, faster performance, a ton of multitasking, portability, screen quality, and much less overheating than Intel models. If you like on-the-go laptops, go for it!

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
I went from a fully maxed out 2018 15” MBP to a 14” M1 Pro 16, 1 TB and the difference has been night and day! I edit a lot of photos, have many Safari windows with many open tabs, usually 3-5 other apps open including Office and it has never lagged, I’ve never been forced to quit apps to keep editing…

While I may be wrong, I think the OP may be overthinking thinking this. My photo edits are instant, regardless of the number of layers, same for the little video editing I do. It’s also driving a 4k 27” monitor.

I agree with the posters who’ve commented about checking what your software needs CPU/GPU wise

I fully expect this laptop to perform for the next 6+ years with anything I throw at it.

Good luck with your decision

Coachingguy

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.