Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi All!!

I've one more quick question...

Do u know an ad network which offers a function where u can check if the user has successfully installed the app from the ad?

If you do..<333
(Like in cookie clicker if u know that game...)

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
I *think*, with facebook ads, you can track the install if your app also uses facebook login.
But not 100% sure. We used them briefly and I remember someone here mentioning that was the case.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
I *think*, with facebook ads, you can track the install if your app also uses facebook login.
But not 100% sure. We used them briefly and I remember someone here mentioning that was the case.

Thanks for the quick reply!

But my app isn't using Facebook..

So i need another way/network to track installs..?

Thanks!

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Why would you care? It's all about impressions. That's what generates you revenue.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Then shouldn't the ad network phave a way to get this done so that they can pay out?

No, think they just pay when a user installs a game, but I want to encourage them to do that because of that...Therefore I really want to know how I can check that?

Thanks!

*SteveB*

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
Why would you care? It's all about impressions. That's what generates you revenue.

You should care because you need the results of your marketing to be measurable. If you spend $500 on marketing, then you need to be sure that you've increased your profits by >$500.

Have a look at http://www.mobileapptracking.com. I haven't used them myself, but I've heard good things.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
No, think they just pay when a user installs a game, but I want to encourage them to do that because of that...Therefore I really want to know how I can check that?

Thanks!

Ok again, why work with a company that doesn't clearly explain the process of how they track user installs to pay you? Why work with a company that you have to encourage to pay you?

Also, are they a publicly traded company? If they have to report earnings then is there a way to fact check how they generated revenue so that it can be seen that they actually pay out according to their revenue and profit?

No offense, you should be able to do all of this within your console of your ad network. If you can't or don't trust them or if it can't be verified through their accounting, then why work with this company? This is completely stupid because then you come down to a he said, you said and enter a legal battle to get paid or not pay them.

All I'm saying is if you need to check your ad network or can't trust them, it's a waste of your time.

----------

You should care because you need the results of your marketing to be measurable. If you spend $500 on marketing, then you need to be sure that you've increased your profits by >$500.

Have a look at http://www.mobileapptracking.com. I haven't used them myself, but I've heard good things.

Again, the ad network should be doing this for the developer. If they don't, then they really shouldn't be used.

*SteveB*

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
The ad network can't provide that functionality for you very easily. Once a user clicks the ad, and then get sent to the app store, how are they supposed to know whether they downloaded the app or not?

The general way of doing this is that you create an identifier for the user when they click the ad, and then match that up when they run the app to identify them.

The issue with that approach is that you need to include the ad network's sdk in your app in order to make it possible. That means that you wold have to update your app every time you try a new ad network.

The better solution, is to use an installs tracking service that is not tied to a particular platform, and include their sdk. Then you can change networks whenever you like without having to update your application.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
The ad network can't provide that functionality for you very easily. Once a user clicks the ad, and then get sent to the app store, how are they supposed to know whether they downloaded the app or not?

The general way of doing this is that you create an identifier for the user when they click the ad, and then match that up when they run the app to identify them.

The issue with that approach is that you need to include the ad network's sdk in your app in order to make it possible. That means that you wold have to update your app every time you try a new ad network.

The better solution, is to use an installs tracking service that is not tied to a particular platform, and include their sdk. Then you can change networks whenever you like without having to update your application.

OKOKOK W8!

Now I can understand that it will be difficult to do this on my own and that this ad network can't really be trusted or so...

SO,

1. What will it do if I include mobile app tracking in my app and can It be used in this way that I want? to track installs..

2. Outside question...When a user has seen an ad, u'll get an impression but are you getting more revnue for an interstitials ad compared to a video successfully watched video ad? Which one gives the best or is it the same?

THANKS, I appreciate it!

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
OKOKOK W8!

Now I can understand that it will be difficult to do this on my own and that this ad network can't really be trusted or so...

SO,

1. What will it do if I include mobile app tracking in my app and can It be used in this way that I want? to track installs..

2. Outside question...When a user has seen an ad, u'll get an impression but are you getting more revnue for an interstitials ad compared to a video successfully watched video ad? Which one gives the best or is it the same?

THANKS, I appreciate it!

Forget question 1.....i tried to use their website..GOOD IDEA...

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
This topic is confusing. Are we talking about marketing your own app , or are we talking about app revenue from ads in your own app? Maybe it's just me that is confused, but I cannot make head or tail out of this

Last edited:

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
This topic is confusing. Are we talking about marketing your own app , or are we talking about app revenue from ads in your own app? Maybe it's just me that is confused, but I cannot make head or tail out of this

Yea i'm sry...

We are talking about how to track installs and as I haven't mentioned I think That Mobile app tracker to get install data, so it is probably solved and Thanks to u all for helping me!!!

But now I've just gave a quick another question about what's making best income, watched video ads or impressions from interstitial ads..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.