Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Hey guys
It’s fine. I used a 2016 SE and a 12 Mini and adapted to the 13 very quickly. The extra battery life is a welcome addition. I also enjoy watching media on the larger screen. A Max sized phone would be too big for me though with the clothes that I wear… my pockets would not be big enough to hold a phone that size.
Ahh, perhaps me too. Do you think a 14 is too big for a guy who wears 33/32 size pants? Thank you.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Hey guys, thank you again for the super helpful responses. Unfortunately Xfinity doesn't offer the 13 Pro or I would get it... I was considering the 14 Pro just for the night photography, I make music videos with stuff I shoot myself, and wondered if the 14 Pro camera features would make that much of a difference. Or could I just go with the 14 (or the 13 for that matter) and still have an excellent camera. I've gotta decide today, 14 days are up. Thank you again.

Reactions: Devyn89

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Er, I hold my iPhone in my hands. Not sure hand and waist sizes correlate. Lots of very tall, skinny basketball players with huge hands. Just sayin’.
Oh, I hold my phone in my hands too. I presume all of us upright mammals do. You mentioned your pockets, and that's what I was responding to. i wondered if you were saying it didn't fit in your pants pockets.

SalisburySam

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2019
Salisbury, North Carolina
Oh, I hold my phone in my hands too. I presume all of us upright mammals do. You mentioned your pockets, and that's what I was responding to. i wondered if you were saying it didn't fit in your pants pockets.
OK, sorry for the misinterpretation. So far, I’m still an upright mammal but that seems to be changing somewhat as age creeps in, at least for the upright part of that. I’m slightly larger than 33/34 but my iPhone13mini fits into my front pockets easily…but I don’t buy skinny jeans either, just normal pants. This is likely more dependent upon the design of the pants than the absolute size. But I have to stand straighter…good reminder.

Reactions: Christopher11

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Hey guys

Ahh, perhaps me too. Do you think a 14 is too big for a guy who wears 33/32 size pants? Thank you.
I have a 30” waist and wear painted on skinny jeans and the regular 13 fits into my pockets just fine. Anything larger would probably become a problem though. A regular 14 or 14 Pro would be fine also.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
I have a 30” waist and wear painted on skinny jeans and the regular 13 fits into my pockets just fine. Anything larger would probably become a problem though. A regular 14 or 14 Pro would be fine also.
Thank you!

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Oh
OK, sorry for the misinterpretation. So far, I’m still an upright mammal but that seems to be changing somewhat as age creeps in, at least for the upright part of that. I’m slightly larger than 33/34 but my iPhone13mini fits into my front pockets easily…but I don’t buy skinny jeans either, just normal pants. This is likely more dependent upon the design of the pants than the absolute size. But I have to stand straighter…good reminder.
Ha! Yup. Thank you. ; )

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Hey guys, thank you again for the super helpful responses. Unfortunately Xfinity doesn't offer the 13 Pro or I would get it... I was considering the 14 Pro just for the night photography, I make music videos with stuff I shoot myself, and wondered if the 14 Pro camera features would make that much of a difference. Or could I just go with the 14 (or the 13 for that matter) and still have an excellent camera. I've gotta decide today, 14 days are up. Thank you again.
Oh geez, I just realized, 14 has a 12 MP camera and the 14 Pro has a 48 MP! Big difference then, I would think?

tsupersonic

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2022
NY
Similar situation. Have an SE20 that's almost 3 years old. The battery has been garbage since day one and I have to keep it on charge or charge 3x/day. It works fine otherwise. I debated a battery replacement, but again it wasn't great when I had the device new (charge 2x/day). I'm really wanting to wait till September to see if they finally hop on the USB-C bandwagon, or just bite the bullet and pick up a 13 Pro or 13. Ugh. What do y'all think?

Vref

Suspended
Feb 16, 2023
DHP
13pro, like it very much

BUT

Had I known the 14 was going to have the satellite SOS, I’d have held off another year and got that

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Well there you go. I guess if you will take advantage of the video and action mode it’s worth getting the pro. But I bet you would have been happy with the 13.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Well, interesting, Xfinity sent me a tracking number but it didn't work... shipping got screwed up... now it won't be here until the 20th. In a way I'm glad this happened, because I am considering switching to another mobile carrier. A new iPhone with a new carrier might be a lot less, due to promotion. Do you guys recommend any?

My interests are: low price per month, good coverage. Thank you.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Well, interesting, Xfinity sent me a tracking number but it didn't work... shipping got screwed up... now it won't be here until the 20th. In a way I'm glad this happened, because I am considering switching to another mobile carrier. A new iPhone with a new carrier might be a lot less, due to promotion. Do you guys recommend any?

My interests are: low price per month, good coverage. Thank you.
My favorites are cricket, metro, mint. They have nice deals for new joiners with porting.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Thank you. I am looking at Mint and T Mobile. I am going to buy an iPhone 14 pro with the new carrier, so looking for best deal on that and monthly package.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
Went from a 1st Gen SE to a 7 to SE2020 and finally updated to a 13. Well worth the upgrade, it’s a massive difference in comparison to the old home button iPhones.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Thank you. I am looking at Mint and T Mobile. I am going to buy an iPhone 14 pro with the new carrier, so looking for best deal on that and monthly package.
I’m pretty happy with mvno visible. $30 unlimited with tethering. I’m paying $35 with Apple Watch data.

karlcrazyman

Suspended
Apr 21, 2023
Frisco, TX
If you're considering getting a bigger phone, the iPhone 13 could be a good choice for you, especially if you don't need the latest and greatest features of the iPhone 14. While the iPhone 13 doesn't have a 256GB storage option, the 128GB model should be sufficient if you're not planning on storing a huge amount of media files. In terms of battery life, the iPhone 13 has a longer battery life than the iPhone 12 and is optimized for efficiency, so it should last all day. If you do want the best camera experience, the iPhone 14 would be the way to go, but the iPhone 13 still has a great camera and takes stunning pictures. Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons and decide which phone best fits your needs and preferences.

tsupersonic

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2022
NY
If you're considering getting a bigger phone, the iPhone 13 could be a good choice for you, especially if you don't need the latest and greatest features of the iPhone 14. While the iPhone 13 doesn't have a 256GB storage option, the 128GB model should be sufficient if you're not planning on storing a huge amount of media files. In terms of battery life, the iPhone 13 has a longer battery life than the iPhone 12 and is optimized for efficiency, so it should last all day. If you do want the best camera experience, the iPhone 14 would be the way to go, but the iPhone 13 still has a great camera and takes stunning pictures. Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons and decide which phone best fits your needs and preferences.
Quick correction for you. The iPhone 13 does have 256 GB storage option as well as 128 GB and 512 GB (128 GB is base). The iPhone 14 camera will be very similar to the 13.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
I got an iPhone 13 on 4th April (from an iPhone 11) and I love it.

The things I love so far is the speed, OLED display (which, coming from an LCD is AMAZING) and 5G.

I looked at the iPhone 14 but it was more than I wanted to spend. Still, the 13 is a great upgrade from an 11.

tsupersonic

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2022
NY
I got an iPhone 13 on 4th April (from an iPhone 11) and I love it.

The things I love so far is the speed, OLED display (which, coming from an LCD is AMAZING) and 5G.

I looked at the iPhone 14 but it was more than I wanted to spend. Still, the 13 is a great upgrade from an 11.
I also decided on a 13. The 14 is so similar to the 13 that it’s not worth the extra cost. Love the same things you do on the 13. It’s a world of a difference compared to the SE models.

Reactions: Helmsley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.