Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UrbanGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2015
DFW, Texas
I upgraded to the 11 Pro Max from the 7 Plus. I thought I would miss the home button, but I don't. There are times when I find myself pressing it, but that's just because of muscle memory.

Touch ID was slow. I can't tell you how many times it would constantly fail and I would have to put my pass code. I LOVE face ID. My phone sits to the left of my keyboard at work (I have it on a keyboard tray at waist height)-- I double tap on the phone and it picks up the face ID without me even having to lean forward or even to the side.

I love that I don't have to press a button when opening apps that require passwords. There's no lag.

Plus I love the full screen. I wouldn't go back.

Haha same boat. So I had an X since they launched but ended up using a 7 Plus for a weeks before the 11. So getting used to a home button was new again. I used the 7+ for several weeks till I got the 11 Pro Max. I kept repacking for the home button lol!

biut yes muuuuuuch prefer the lack of home button to have a bigger screen.

Last edited:

sjperformance

macrumors 68010
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Nah. I wanted the home button gone since iPhone 7. I never got 8 or 8+. I jumped straight to X. I hated the thick ugly bezels. I don't miss the home button. I don't want it back. Never.

Reactions: UrbanGeek

torontoapple

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2015
I upgraded to the 11 Pro Max from the 7 Plus. I thought I would miss the home button, but I don't. There are times when I find myself pressing it, but that's just because of muscle memory.

Touch ID was slow. I can't tell you how many times it would constantly fail and I would have to put my pass code. I LOVE face ID. My phone sits to the left of my keyboard at work (I have it on a keyboard tray at waist height)-- I double tap on the phone and it picks up the face ID without me even having to lean forward or even to the side.

I love that I don't have to press a button when opening apps that require passwords. There's no lag.

Plus I love the full screen. I wouldn't go back.

I also came from the 7plus now to Max pro and absolutely love this phone. Having no home button makes it for a smoother experience while using it. Just overall satisfying

Reactions: michie0708
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.