Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you prefer the raisins or the bran?

• Raisins

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Bran

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Ever trying to keep my finger on the pulse of MacRumors mundanity and stay ahead of the curve on inane polls, I created this thread with a single purpose: to find out whether you prefer the raisins or the bran when eating Raisin Bran (alternative brands avalaible).

Cast your vote now and cement your place in soon-to-be-forgotten history.

EDIT: Added a picture of Raisin Bran to really set the tone.

B7615BF3-8357-49E8-8427-D4DC009C5ED5.jpeg

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Raisins are devil’s grapes that somehow escaped their rightful place in a bottle of wine.

I’ll go for the bran flakes with a glass of red on the side. Breakfast of champions.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Bran flakes no doubt. I am sure we could make more ridiculous polls, like which type of carpet shows stains the most or something...

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Well done. You succeeded because I was expecting to see Hieveryone as the thread starter when I clicked it.
Nonsense. Hieveryone’s poll would ask, “Should I eat raisins or bran flakes to appeal to hot models (or women who look like models)?” ;)

I was going for more of a @Mac’nCheese thing.

Last edited:

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
The raisins are not very well preserved in the box. I prefer to buy bran cereal and add the raisins.

P.S. When you buy cereal, you're also buying waxed paper. The bag in the box is waxed paper. There's no need to buy a roll of waxed paper if you eat enough cereal and save the bags.

Joe h

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2017
Post Raisin Bran, Made with raisins which are grapes which have been dried in the sun for a long period of time. And bran, the hard outer layers of cereal grain along with germ, it is an intrical part of whole grains.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I can't eat bran cereal without something to carry it out of the doldrums. Usually, I add sliced bananas, blueberries, strawberry's, etc. But if I had to eat it with dried fruit it or plain, it would be raisin bran vs just bran :)

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I prefer plain bran flakes myself when consuming cold cereal. They usually have a touch of sweetness that's just enough for me.

Also enjoy a large bran banana muffin 2-3x a week.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
[The poll results I want are predictions of how exactly how much of a liar that rodent at Punxsutawney, PA was when it predicted six more weeks of winter back in early February. Serious liar... really big liar... humongous liar... we've passed those milestones... and there are now a couple inches of fresh snow out there. And the EMS siren keeps going off for car crashes, since it was supposed to turn to rain, so no road-sanding or plowing until half an hour ago when the county finally threw the weather forecasters into the liar's club along with that groundhog.]

On topic: I like plain bran flakes so I can add seasonal fresh fruit or different kinds of raisins that I buy separately. But I'd usually rather have oatmeal for breakfast, and that I practically turn into a fruit compote sometimes with apples, raisins, peaches... whatever's on hand.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ever trying to keep my finger on the pulse of MacRumors mundanity and stay ahead of the curve on inane polls, I created this thread with a single purpose: to find out whether you prefer the raisins or the bran when eating Raisin Bran (alternative brands avalaible).

Cast your vote now and cement your place in soon-to-be-forgotten history.

EDIT: Added a picture of Raisin Bran to really set the tone.

View attachment 830107
Ok, where is the both or the no preference choice? Seriously :p

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
The bran... I find raisins to be too sweet.

I'll take oatmeal or Cream of Wheat with bananas and a little brown sugar over Raisin Bran any day.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Raisins are bird food.

More of a porridge man. Especially as Mrs AFB wakes me up with a bowl most days. Breakfast in bed with a nice cup of tea is the breakfast of champions.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
It's been a couple days since this thread/poll has had any activity. For a while there, I swear rains and bran were neck and neck! :eek:

But more recently, bran has pulled ahead as people post the most denigrating and unwarranted opinions of GOSA (Grapes Optimized for Surface Area (raisins)).

I've taken a page out of @chown33's book, trying to represent all of the complex raisin v. bran statistics graphically:

raisins v bran.jpg

I'm firmly on the edge of my goddamned seat, waiting to see further progress in the poll and a continuation of what can only be described as a battle of minds in the comments.

Reactions: MattG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.