Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
My Scuba Blue band has shipped - originally scheduled for early April, so quite pleased!

Not sure when it will get here though - if it's not delivered tomorrow, I presume it won't get here until Tuesday because of the bank holidays.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
They are shipping them quickly. I ordered the gold and blue canvas band and it is due at my house tomorrow.

modernaccord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Seattle, WA region
I regretfully inform everyone (in Seattle), that none of the stores had them as of 3/23 1030am.

Oh well, I think I'm definitely going to wait so that I can try them on before haphazardly ordering stuff and having to go return it.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
My Scuba Blue band has shipped - originally scheduled for early April, so quite pleased!

Not sure when it will get here though - if it's not delivered tomorrow, I presume it won't get here until Tuesday because of the bank holidays.
Nice!

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I just got the pink nylon band at the Palm Desert California store. They didn't have many bands in stock and none on display. I LOVE these nylons bands. It hardly feels like you're wearing anything on your wrist. I think I like them more than the elastomer bands now.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I just got the pink nylon band at the Palm Desert California store. They didn't have many bands in stock and none on display. I LOVE these nylons bands. It hardly feels like you're wearing anything on your wrist. I think I like them more than the elastomer bands now.
So excited for mine, love the look of the scuba blue and it looks like everyone is saying they feel excellent.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
So excited for mine, love the look of the scuba blue and it looks like everyone is saying they feel excellent.

I don't think anybody's received their scuba blue yet so definitely post pictures! The color seems to pop in the photos I've seen.

I'll most likely be heading to NYC tomorrow so I'll check any Apple Stores that aren't out of the way to see what I can find. Right now I'm definitely going to buy a pearl or scuba blue band based on what I've seen; it all comes down to availability. If the stores don't have either on display I'll probably just wait to decide between them since I feel like the nylon bands really have to be seen in person.

Reactions: ladytonya

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I don't think anybody's received their scuba blue yet so definitely post pictures! The color seems to pop in the photos I've seen.

I'll most likely be heading to NYC tomorrow so I'll check any Apple Stores that aren't out of the way to see what I can find. Right now I'm definitely going to buy a pearl or scuba blue band based on what I've seen; it all comes down to availability. If the stores don't have either on display I'll probably just wait to decide between them since I feel like the nylon bands really have to be seen in person.
I certainly will post plenty of pics when it arrives!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Went to The Oracle store today, had a few in stock including a Pearl 42mm on display, but unfortunately only the Scuba Blue in 38mm, not 42. Will wait for my online order!

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I seem to hit the NYC Apple Stores only when they have "just run out" of the Black nylon band in 42 mm (they did have it in 38 mm). And for some reason no Royal Blue on display, but I did get to play with other nylon bands they had for display. I have to say -- they are nothing like the photos suggest. They are much thinner than what I expected them to be, and much truer to the nylon bands of old (for some reason the photos online struck me that they were more "plastic-like" and thick). For the price and the feel, which will be especially nice during the warmer months, I can see these being a wildly popular item.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I seem to hit the NYC Apple Stores only when they have "just run out" of the Black nylon band in 42 mm (they did have it in 38 mm). And for some reason no Royal Blue on display, but I did get to play with other nylon bands they had for display. I have to say -- they are nothing like the photos suggest. They are much thinner than what I expected them to be, and much truer to the nylon bands of old (for some reason the photos online struck me that they were more "plastic-like" and thick). For the price and the feel, which will be especially nice during the warmer months, I can see these being a wildly popular item.

You summed it up perfectly. So light and a perfect replacement of the sport band for me as the rubber bands are not my thing unless working out. This is a perfect casual, summer like band and adds a little more classic casual look. It even can be an office band as it looks almost metal like from far and definitely better than a sports band in an office setting for me.

Reactions: Tim7

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
These nylon bands are really getting a lot of good reviews! Sounds like they're a great addition to the Watch Collection for Apple and Watch owners.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ

Did you happen to check Fifth Avenue and Upper East Side stores? A short while before you posted this (sometime before 2pm) my buddy bought up what the stock indicator displayed as the last black 42mm nylon band in NYC at the Upper East Side store

I personally bought the last scuba blue and pearl at the Fifth Avenue stores.

Sorry :p.

Reactions: Mr. Y

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Did you happen to check Fifth Avenue and Upper East Side stores? A short while before you posted this (sometime before 2pm) my buddy bought up what the stock indicator displayed as the last black 42mm nylon band in NYC at the Upper East Side store

I personally bought the last scuba blue and pearl at the Fifth Avenue stores.

Sorry :p.
Funny you mention that -- last time I checked they said those two stores had limited quantity -- I just didn't have time to run to either. I guess the GCT gets a lot of traffic and sells their stock quickly (or the others get more quantity).

UPDATE: Apple Grand Central now has them on display for sale -- but very limited quantities (like one, two, or just three of each).

Last edited:
Reactions: MICHAELSD

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
Got all of them in MetroCentre on the shelves, picked up a black one
5f5f3c98a8771d79802a6a069dcaacf2.jpg
f49d44a148e6571ec81a6b8a9fde5ec7.jpg

Reactions: T-Will

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
So the above was clearly a lie. Just done a stock check and its showing the 42mm gold/red as available in Braehead.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i ordered the black nylon band for 38 MM watch last night and it already went to shipped today. so much for the 1-2 weeks shipping delay.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Picked up the 42mm Gold/Red nylon band today. I think it actually looks really nice on the SS model. I got my dispatch message leaving the Apple store for my Royal Blue band.

Attachments

• IMG_2672.jpg
    IMG_2672.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2679.jpg
    IMG_2679.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2675.jpg
    IMG_2675.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 224
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.