Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Honestly, why don't you get a D3000 instead of a D5000? its cheaper, has everything you need and it has a bigger LCD then the 5000. Just my opinion

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
I'm still confused on why you'd even consider buying a new camera and taking photo classes while unemployed. Photography is one of the most expensive majors (and courses) in college.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I'm still confused on why you'd even consider buying a new camera and taking photo classes while unemployed. Photography is one of the most expensive majors (and courses) in college.

Because the industry I've worked in/plan to keep working in, it's a good skill to have. If I were not taking classes my insurance would be 800+ a month, because of the pre-existing diabetes that I have. I have some money saved up, so I'm good for a while.

Irregardless, I found out today that my parents decided to split with the rest of the family and get me a D5000. Needless to say I'm happy and very grateful.

And another reason this is a hobby that would be good for me is I'm going absolutely insane looking for a job, so getting out the house would probably be good for me.

And it's a looooot cheaper than going back and dropping 100,000 on grad school... I was able to take 4 classes at the local community college (mind you I have my B.A.) for under 1200.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.