Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Hello. I'm currently running 9.3.5 on my iPad 2. It's the last OS that it supports. Does anyone know of any apps for either windows or mac to downgrade it back to iOS 8? I have my iOS 4.3 shsh blobs and my iOS 8.4 shsh blobs saved. I'd love to do an early 9.3 version for jailbreaking, but I don't have those blobs and want to downgrade to iOS 8 as the lag on 9.3.5 is awful (which is expected on a 6 year old machine). I know redsn0w can downgrade iOS 9.3.5 to iOS 4.3 with my blobs but it doesn't seem to work to downgrade it to iOS 8.4.1 blobs. Can I either downgrade to 4.3 and upgrade to 8.4.1 with my blobs that way? Or am I S.O.L even with the blobs saved?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Apple no longer signs anything in iOS 9 prior to 9.3.5 and only for devices where it is the end of the line. I don't believe that the sh blobs are used any longer, nor are they of any value.

Johnluke91

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2016
Italy
If you have an iPad 2 can do the downgrade to iOS 6.1.3 and then upgrade to iOS 8.4.1 which is still signed for your device. You need the jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 and then through Beehind Downgrade (search on google) go back to iOS 6.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
If you have an iPad 2 can do the downgrade to iOS 6.1.3 and then upgrade to iOS 8.4.1 which is still signed for your device. You need the jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 and then through Beehind Downgrade (search on google) go back to iOS 6.

Unfortunately I don't have a jailbreak for 9.3.5 as I don't think there's one released for it.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
The jailbreak of iOS 9.3.5 exist. He was released last week, is called Phoenix. You can find further discussion in section jailbreak macrumors. Have fun.

Until your post and then google, I didn't realize there was one just released. It's about time. I've been wanting to jailbreak it to either downgrade it, do picture in a picture, or both if possible. Mainly to downgrade because of the lag. If I am able to jailbreak and downgrade to 6.1.3 without the blobs that'd be awesome. I miss the old music layout

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.