Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k9peewee

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2021
whenever I've needed an older OP system version I turn to DosDude, never been disappointed yet.
Download the High Sierra patch tool from this link...

Run the patch tool, all you need is access to the download link in the Tools menu, this will get you a copy of the current version
of High Sierra.
After the download, close the patch tool and you're done. 😋

View attachment 1733807
Worked for me. Thanks a lot brother! Been struggling over safari trying to find a working dmg file...

Reactions: Jack Neill

jmd563

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2022
Oh yeah, I will keep everything safe. But through this experience, I learned quite a few ways to work around it.

After reading what you wrote about 2011 mini, I went back to check on my Mac Mini, and it is actually a 2011. It has only 4gb and 500 HD. I hooked it up to my TV for streaming movies, it costs me less than any Fire/google stick, let alone a full browser.

Since I fixed my Mac mini, I have bought a used Macbook Pro early 2011, 15" 4gb ram (I paid $180). I am messing with it right now. I have installed dosdude's Catalina patcher but it became clunky and drained the battery on the Macbook, at this moment, I have it back on High Sierra. As you can see, I do this for fun; while I admire the industrial design of the Mac, it is to expensive to buy them fresh; old second hand is the way for me to live some dreams from the past :)
Hi Walnawk, You appear to have the same problem that I did, and I could really use your help. Same situation where I cannot boot up my Mac and only have a windows pc to try and download/create a bootable installer. Is there any way possible you could provide me with the High Sierra file to download? I would greatly appreciate your help!

walnawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
Seattle, WA
Hi Walnawk, You appear to have the same problem that I did, and I could really use your help. Same situation where I cannot boot up my Mac and only have a windows pc to try and download/create a bootable installer. Is there any way possible you could provide me with the High Sierra file to download? I would greatly appreciate your help!
Hello. Let me check to see if I still have it in the cloud. I am still trying to learn to use a Mac. For your trouble, use RUFUS on your PC to create the USB boot disk. In case I cannot find it, Post a thread here VERY SPECIFICALLY ASK FOR ISO IMAGE OF HIGH SIERRA. Contact MacCheetah3, he is the ONLY person that got straight to the point and answered my post by sending me a link to download.

lazyhew

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2023
I do have same issue, I forget the lock so I eased the Main disk which has os.

fast forward..
now i created bootable pendrive with high sierra dmg and TransMac but when i restarted with holding option key usb is not showing.

i want to try the iso one.

I tried buring iso with rufus.

but..

1701114033974.png

This error occurs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.