Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I had a good feeling that you'd get the Sony model! Great choice! That's a really good offer that you got for your camera. Pity that you have to wait 'till Christmas...I had the same feeling 3 years a go when I knew I was getting a Nintendo DS. Only 17 days to go. :D

Yes I pretty much knew I was going to get it but kept holding out. And I dont want to wait!

Congrats then!

Now why are you moving money to your parents?

Thankyou!

Mum payed for it on her credit card so now I get to watch my money leave...

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Great Choice... welcome to the fascinating World of photography! The Sony A300 is a brilliant choice with loads of features at an awesome price tag!

My choice would have been the 450D (Or the 1000D more preferably considering your budget would have fetched a lot) since the Canons have an edge with Noise... they are the best at maintaining Signal to Noise ratio. They also have a wide variety of lenses catering equally to the consumer and pro segments with something for everybody in the bag!

But I do believe its worth mentioning that though Im nowhere near being a fan boy but owning a Canon system does make me biased!

What I like about A300:
>Flawless brilliant Live View (for a DSLR) with a.. whoa.. articulating LCD!
>9 Point AF (though its not going to have much effect in the type of photography you'll be doing unless you shoot lots of birds or bikes.. moving of course)
>Built in IS (once again its a good feature to have but it probably wouldnt have bothered you "NOW" untill you get a tele lens)

Once again... congrats and happy shooting! Do post your Flickr account or at least PM me!:)

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
The collection, in boxes. Can't wait til Christmas now!

3097471624_a1dd877808.jpg

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
The collection, in boxes. Can't wait til Christmas now!

Parents love seeing their kids get excited as anything for Christmas... this'll be the reason they're making you wait.

When you leave home and start earning loads of money, you can often just buy what you want, when you want. It's convenient but there's not as much excitement. Enjoy the thrill! :)

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Parents love seeing their kids get excited as anything for Christmas... this'll be the reason they're making you wait.

When you leave home and start earning loads of money, you can often just buy what you want, when you want. It's convenient but there's not as much excitement. Enjoy the thrill! :)

LOL.... that was right on point PCMac! Really... parents do so much just to see their kids smile! <sigh>

P.S.: Mick that seriously doesnt look anything like an image. Just try putting in the link like this :

Code:
(img)http://.........(/img)

[I]Use square brackets than round. I used round to prevent vBulletin interpret them as codes![/I]

Eg:
3097471624_a1dd877808.jpg

Use_http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/3097471624_a1dd877808.jpg?v=0 as the code

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.