Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

96-HUDSON-96

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
Why is apple so against putting those bezels on a diet? I'm not even asking for a big reduction. I wish those top and bottom bezels were just a little bit smaller.
I think they are the same size but now have two sensors
[doublepost=1472061112][/doublepost]
If that is real, then it's disappointing to see that the Plus is still absolutely huge!
yeah I agree its unfortunate, maybe iPhone 7S will change the design
[doublepost=1472061159][/doublepost]
Yet another modified iPhone 6 dummy o_O
sorry its actually a real copy of an iPhone 7 dummy

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I think they are the same size but now have two sensors
[doublepost=1472061112][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1472061159][/doublepost]
sorry its actually a real copy of an iPhone 7 dummy
Says you. When 9/9/16 comes I'll see what Apple releases

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Yeah that doesn't really help people this year, especially as 5.5" have been demonstrated in much smaller packages for a couple of years now. I like the form factor of my iPhone 6 but would enjoy a bigger screen. The S7 achieves a larger screen with skinny bezels and I really don't understand how Apple are unable to achieve this with their abilities? Either that or they are deliberately holding off for marketing reasons? It's frustrating if we are about to see yet another huge phone now 2 years down the line from the original Plus. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: niijonodhg

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
So, do iPhone 6S Plus screen protectors fit it do you know? Is the earpiece the same size and light sensors in the same place?

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
Yeah that doesn't really help people this year, especially as 5.5" have been demonstrated in much smaller packages for a couple of years now. I like the form factor of my iPhone 6 but would enjoy a bigger screen. The S7 achieves a larger screen with skinny bezels and I really don't understand how Apple are unable to achieve this with their abilities? Either that or they are deliberately holding off for marketing reasons? It's frustrating if we are about to see yet another huge phone now 2 years down the line from the original Plus. I hope I am wrong.
One of the benefits to OLED over LCD is bezel width. Now, I'm not saying the ridiculously large iPhone bezels are due solely to the screen technology but it helps explain why Samsung can get theirs so narrow. I expect next year's iPhone will be somewhat of a departure from Apple's traditional look.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I have no idea - do you think I should get one? I have just got a case to test out

That would help BIG time if you could! I'd get a screen protector before hand then as I'm going on a 2 week holiday on 17th so won't have time after it's released. If they are released on 16th that is.

96-HUDSON-96

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
That would help BIG time if you could! I'd get a screen protector before hand then as I'm going on a 2 week holiday on 17th so won't have time after it's released. If they are released on 16th that is.
any brand that you recommend, I know someone mentioned Orzly

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
any brand that you recommend, I know someone mentioned Orzly

Not really bothered to be honest, just so I know whether the home button, earphone and light sensors are in the same place. I might go for a tempered glass one with the black at top and bottom, so if they're not in the same place that'll cause issues.

niijonodhg

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2016
United Kingdom
Not really bothered to be honest, just so I know whether the home button, earphone and light sensors are in the same place. I might go for a tempered glass one with the black at top and bottom, so if they're not in the same place that'll cause issues.

I haven't got mine in front of me, lent them to my brother a day or so ago. But I'm 99% it's the same placement.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
One of the benefits to OLED over LCD is bezel width. Now, I'm not saying the ridiculously large iPhone bezels are due solely to the screen technology but it helps explain why Samsung can get theirs so narrow. I expect next year's iPhone will be somewhat of a departure from Apple's traditional look.
You may well be right about that. Very disappointing.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
And another 9to5mac.com article on the home button

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 6.37.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 6.37.59 AM.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: Dave245

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
There's mixed things about this new home button. Bloomberg today backtracked a little saying that the new home button is coming on the 2017 iPhone, before they were saying the iPhone 7.
The report is to completely remove the home button form...... more of a smooth area for the 2017 iPhone. But the report also says the IP7 will have a hepatic non-moving home button to drastically reduce repairs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.