Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Looks like some drama is occurring with EK, not sure how many folks here know them. They are generally highly regarded in the modding community, as they make custom water cooling solutions

Gamer Nexus published this expose yesterday, and its quite damning. Employees not getting paid, vendors not getting paid, ex-employees being threatened with lawsuits if they say anything.

Toms Hardware also pick up on it
EKWB reportedly plagued with financial disarray — many employees and suppliers were allegedly left unpaid for as long as four months

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
ehhh in the WC community they are seen as overpriced for what they offer.
My rig is using all EK water-cooling parts, mostly because they are a known brand. I just this past xmas redid my water loop switching from a TBE 200 to a FLT 120.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
JayzTwoCents used EK for many many years, he published his thoughts/opinions regarding this

Last edited:

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Looks like some drama is occurring with EK, not sure how many folks here know them. They are generally highly regarded in the modding community, as they make custom water cooling solutions

Gamer Nexus published this expose yesterday, and its quite damning. Employees not getting paid, vendors not getting paid, ex-employees being threatened with lawsuits if they say anything.

Toms Hardware also pick up on it
EKWB reportedly plagued with financial disarray — many employees and suppliers were allegedly left unpaid for as long as four months

I never heard of the company before watching that show. I had to look them up. I'm never going to do water cooling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.