Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Hey Mydriasis, can you maybe send me the original of that photo (if it's higher-res than the one you uploaded)? I'd like to take a crack at that. Specifically, I wonder if the perspective clone tool in CS2 has a "mirror line" mode. If not... it should.

What do you mean by 'mirror line?'

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Hey Mydriasis, can you maybe send me the original of that photo (if it's higher-res than the one you uploaded)? I'd like to take a crack at that. Specifically, I wonder if the perspective clone tool in CS2 has a "mirror line" mode. If not... it should.

Sure, its just a little scrap shot anyways. BTW it's the Palacio Real de Madrid.

Here

I know you can use the perspective tool to clone, but I didn't use it in this.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003

You can just copy the image to two layers, mirror one layer and clone from that.

sohosid

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
Portland
I love the way people just say "get Photoshop...it's easy!!!"...as if buying a scalpel makes the owner a surgeon....

Some PS work is easy. A monkey could do it. Seemless results printed 16x20 with a tough background are not. That's why retouchers are paid very well for the work they do!

/end rant.

Advice? Well, if you're going to have a crack at it yourself, then the advice offered so far is fairly sound. Always use a new blank layer above your base to do any retouching....leave your base image alone! Use a mixture of the clone tool and healing brush. Mix up the brush sizes. Get a pressure sensitive tablet - the bigger the better. Keep your photoshop file...do NOT flatten then save. You may want to come back and work on it latter.

Final advice...pay someone to do it for you!

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
pay someone to use the clone stamp?

granted, a pro can "do it better", but that wont teach you anything.

YES, pay a professional to do a professional job.

but I dont think the OP had hanging this in the Louvre in mind.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
pay someone to use the clone stamp?

granted, a pro can "do it better", but that wont teach you anything.

YES, pay a professional to do a professional job.

but I dont think the OP had hanging this in the Louvre in mind.

Exactly!

I mean why do we post here anyways? It's because we have fun playing around with our computer and we're amazed at what they can do. Some of us make a living with them but most don't. And those of us who aren't pros, we dont expect perfect results, hey we don't need them. The path is our goal. ;)

We don't what to be surgens, we just have fun cutting stuff apart and come here to find out how and where to cut.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I love the way people just say "get Photoshop...it's easy!!!"...as if buying a scalpel makes the owner a surgeon....
Sure, buying a scalpel will make you a surgeon! Just not a very good one! :)

luv ya bunches! xoxoxo

sohosid

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
Portland
Final advice...pay someone to do it for you!

Thought I'd quote myself for clarification....note the '!' at the end........Twas a joke people...calm down!

I know that many people just want to play with their images. Nothing wrong with that, and practice will indeed make you perfect. The only difference between an amateur and a professional (of any industry) is that the pro gets paid. I've worked with many 'pros' who were distinctly amateur in skill level.

The problem with a correction such as 'deleting people from a shot' is that it's an artistic move. It requires some feel to achieve. As such, it's not that easy to give straightforward advice beyond 'use the clone tool'.

Or you could pay someone to do it!!!!

sohosid

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
Portland
:D :cool: ;) :p :)

mean joke.

!

does not.

Oh Really? Well, for hundreds of years writers have used excamation points to enhance their writing. They didn't have smilies.

But please excuse me oh Lord of internet presence and culture, in future I shall forever use :) or :p or :D to signify wit on my part.......

(!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.