Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
Also in this process I discovered the User Guide supplements for both the T220 and T221 [...] the latter mentions unlocking additional settings on the OSD.
Those additional settings are highly important ;)

Preview says the document was created on August 28th, 2004, so I'd use this date until we find a more accurate one.

FWIW, the ViewSonic service manuals show a Bertha that has an IDTech logo on the back. IIRC my VP2290b had a ViewSonic logo.

Tidbit: A few weeks before Bertha, the 20.8" IBM T210 (6659-HG2/HW2) was announced. 2048×1536@60Hz requires 238.85 MHz pixel clock according to the manual but there's no mention of its sole DVI being dual-link. Possibly uses the IDTech ITQX20 panel. (I've found the engineering specification for the ITQX21 which is monochrome.) The Iiyama H530-B has the same size and resolution so may use the same panel/be a rebadge.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeremywork

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Those additional settings are highly important ;)
Yeah, there's really not much there, and:
• The utilities can be downloaded from the following sites.
http://www.ibm.com/support/…..{note:this url should be complete, or the search terms given}
Maybe that's the difference between a supplement and a suppliment ;)
Also seems slightly counterintuitive to call the DG5 <Foundation Model> and use <Advanced Model> for DG1/3/5.
Preview says the document was created on August 28th, 2004, so I'd use this date until we find a more accurate one.
Thanks, will do this.
FWIW, the ViewSonic service manuals show a Bertha that has an IDTech logo on the back. IIRC my VP2290b had a ViewSonic logo.
I noticed that. Perhaps those pictures were supplied to ViewSonic directly by IDTech...
They're "confidential" after all.
Tidbit: A few weeks before Bertha, the 20.8" IBM T210 (6659-HG2/HW2) was announced. 2048×1536@60Hz requires 238.85 MHz pixel clock according to the manual but there's no mention of its sole DVI being dual-link. Possibly uses the IDTech ITQX20 panel. (I've found the engineering specification for the ITQX21 which is monochrome.) The Iiyama H530-B has the same size and resolution so may use the same panel/be a rebadge.
Hmm... Nothing at all about this, but maybe they'd assume only VGA would be used for >165MHz modes?

Would be hard to believe this had an onboard DVI-DL port and the T221 didn't...

Good find though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Amethyst1

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
On the subject of QXGA, there was a CTO option for the 15" version of ThinkPad R51 which is rumored to be a direct cut of the same IDTech panel produced for Bertha.

There are some swap details here:

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
Last edited:

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
The ViewSonic VP211hd is also based on the 20.8” QXGA panel.
I suppose these triplets are worth attributing as Bertha's most logical siblant since they did use Dual Domain IPS technology and reached production. There was the 'Roentgen' prototype (16.3" 2560x2048 / 201ppi; 4x 1280x1024 inputs?) but used TN and I don't think there was ever a production model.
IDTech IAQX10

It’s 171 ppi i.e. can’t be based on Bertha’s panel.
Oops, well that answers that :)

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
I suppose these triplets are worth attributing as Bertha's most logical siblant since they did use Dual Domain IPS technology and reached production.
There's also the Iiyama AQU5311DT-BK. German review which reveals 1600×1200@60Hz is the maximum via single-link DVI (without resorting to custom timings), the OSD looks eerily similar to the T210’s, and its three fans are “loud.” I agree that the T210 (does it have a nickname?) is worth mentioning.

Awesome setup showing Bertha with her “little sister.” That must have cost a fortune back in 2002!

There was the 'Roentgen' prototype (16.3" 2560x2048 / 201ppi; 4x 1280x1024 inputs?) but used TN and I don't think there was ever a production model.
Speaking of Roentgen, I have a monochrome 21.3”2560×2048@50Hz IPS LCD (EDIDs sans hex part and serial number attached). It can do Pixel Packing via single-link DVI. That only requires a 1280×2048@50Hz mode for a full-resolution image. If I select that mode on macOS, the display either stretches it horizontally to fill the screen or shows two tiles with the same image, depending on whether “Packed Pixel” is enabled in the OSD.

Let’s not forget Monet (10.5" 1280×1024; 157 ppi). :)

I had learned about them too back when they were still in production, but I just figured they must need some highly custom DVI interface, not literally just a PowerBook.
The custom interface route was chosen in 1998 for the SGI 1600SW (any good nicknames? “Panorama”? “Señor SuperWide”?).

Attachments

• MX50_DP.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 52
  • MX50_DVI.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
More musings about DisplayPort limits on the TripleHead2Go:

Lontium's specs for the LT6711A indicate an HDMI 2.0 receiver and DP1.2/eDP1.4 transmitter, but since my adapter seems to engage 6bpc around the HDMI 1.3 limit (338.54 MHz) it seems that would also be responsible for an HDMI 1.3/18-bit upper bound near 451.39 MHz (and I probably get just a little bit of overclocking margin since >452.24MHz slowly devolves into a garbled image rather than simply cutting off.) Maybe a failover it uses when it negotiates an HBR1 link instead of HBR2 or 3.

On the Iris Pro 5200 after removing Lilu/WhateverGreen I did find when using the very tight timings (16, 32, 72; 1, 1, 1) the limit of 363.16 MHz precludes 363.20 MHz from working at all (the TH2G produces a red sync light and nothing appears on the output DVI links.) However, setting 363.18 MHz produces an output image which is stable on the DVI links but clearly beyond the DisplayPort input's capacity, so I seem to actually be overclocking the HBR1 link at 8bpc.
363.18MHzTest.gif

There's also the Iiyama AQU5311DT-BK. German review which reveals 1600×1200@60Hz is the maximum via single-link DVI (without resorting to custom timings), the OSD looks eerily similar to the T210’s, and its three fans are “loud.” I agree that the T210 (does it have a nickname?) is worth mentioning.

Awesome setup showing Bertha with her “little sister.” That must have cost a fortune back in 2002!
I'll probably incorporate a brief overview of similar production models and related prototypes simply for background. IBM produced so many displays in that era that mentioning them all would probably get into the weeds.
Speaking of Roentgen, I have a monochrome 21.3”2560×2048@50Hz IPS LCD (EDIDs sans hex part and serial number attached). It can do Pixel Packing via single-link DVI. That only requires a 1280×2048@50Hz mode for a full-resolution image. If I select that mode on macOS, the display either stretches it horizontally to fill the screen or shows two tiles with the same image, depending on whether “Packed Pixel” is enabled in the OSD.
The Pixel Packing technique is cool, and fun that you have one working! What's the manufacturer?
So Mac OS can't actually send separate image data to the two "subpixels"? I suppose that's where the Quadro driver support comes in...
Let’s not forget Monet (10.5" 1280×1024; 157 ppi). :)
I'll include this one too!
The custom interface route was chosen in 1998 for the SGI 1600SW (any good nicknames? “Panorama”? “Señor SuperWide”?).
I actually have one of these, with the DVI interface box. I've been meaning to open it up and add internal photos somewhere on my site.

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
What's the manufacturer?
WIDE. The monitor is called MX50 (EDID/manufacturer) or IF2105PM (Nvidia’s pdf).

So Mac OS can't actually send separate image data to the two "subpixels"?
Nope. As far as it’s concerned, it’s doing 8bpc.

I actually have one of these, with the DVI interface box. I've been meaning to open it up and add internal photos somewhere on my site.
I’ve recently acquired one of these too, with a third-party DVI converter box. Funnily, while Bertha has lots of “brains”, the 1600SW is a bare LCD in a casing, relying on software or the converter box to do the heavy lifting.

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
What adapters are they/what chipset do they use? I have a Wacom Link Plus (DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 1.4 —> USB-C) but since it’s 1.4 it’s no good for >340 MHz via HDMI I presume (I’ve never tested it; no need to when there’s DP 1.2).
One of them is a C2G 22323 running Mega Chips(I think?) STDP2600. Photos here:

The other I'm still trying to get the casing open without resorting to destruction.
I’ve recently acquired one of these too, with a third-party DVI converter box. Funnily, while Bertha has lots of “brains”, the 1600SW is a bare LCD in a casing, relying on software or the converter box to do the heavy lifting.
I was slightly surprised to find the brightness and OSD controls on the MultiLink box and not the display itself.
I have a Formac PCI card with the openLDI daughterboard which I should also get onto the site. It's not the 32MB version though, just 16MB. I think it puts all the same controls available on the MultiLink box into a Mac OS 9 control panel :)

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
One of them is a C2G 22323 running Mega Chips(I think?) STDP2600.
It’s HDMI 1.4, up to 297 MHz (datasheet).

I was slightly surprised to find the brightness and OSD controls on the MultiLink box and not the display itself.
I was kinda shocked to see how expensive the MultiLink was. I have the PIX-Link, which wasn’t cheap either.

I have a Formac PCI card with the openLDI daughterboard which I should also get onto the site. It's not the 32MB version though, just 16MB. I think it puts all the same controls available on the MultiLink box into a Mac OS 9 control panel :)
Yep. Does it also handle scaling?

Last edited:

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Tangent-
I bought one of the (likely retail/non-IBM) G200MMS cards bundled with two of these cables:

I plugged one into the B scaler on a DGM and found either the primary or secondary signal works fine by itself (good for 3x1280x2400 or the 1216x2400 stripe accompanying DVI-DL on A scaler) however when use both at once the scaler rearranges as usual but both B signals display only black. The manual says not to use non-OEM LFH60 input cables but FWIW…
It’s HDMI 1.4, up to 297 MHz (datasheet).
I feel like I’m still missing something here. The datasheet says 2.97 Gbps corresponds to a pixel rate of 297 MHz, while the C2G specs state a limit of 4.95 Gbps, which the HDMI wiki correlates to the raw link speed for HDMI 1.0 / 165MHz (3.96Gbps with encoding overhead.) It would need to be closer to 297MHz in order to support 4K 30Hz, but what’s with the difference in bandwidth conversions?
I was kinda shocked to see how expensive the MultiLink was. I have the PIX-Link, which wasn’t cheap either.
Definitely. I suppose many of them were deployed with SGI workstations which wouldn’t have needed them.
Yep. Does it also handle scaling?
I’ve meant to try it out. I’ve only used it with the MultiLink so far.

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
IBM produced so many displays in that era that mentioning them all would probably get into the weeds.
Are there other “very special” displays that haven’t been mentioned yet? The 13.7” 1280×1024 LCD for the ThinkPad 770X?

Tangent-
I bought one of the (likely retail/non-IBM) G200MMS cards bundled with two of these cables: [...] I plugged one into the B scaler on a DGM and found either the primary or secondary signal works fine by itself (good for 3x1280x2400 or the 1216x2400 stripe accompanying DVI-DL on A scaler) however when use both at once the scaler rearranges as usual but both B signals display only black.
Did you try plugging both in (four links) and using EDID 021 (four stripes)?

Last edited:

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Are there other “very special” displays that haven’t been mentioned yet? The 13.7” 1280×1024 LCD for the ThinkPad 770X?
That’s interesting. Slight reduction in viewframe to accommodate the 5:4 I assume?

On a similar note I’ve always thought it was interesting that the 15” PowerBook G4 DLSD used 1440x960. I don’t know of any other display which perfectly scales NTSC DVD video by a factor of 2 (nothing for 1440x1152, is there?)

You had mentioned the T55 and T85. I’m quite fond of the T55D; we had one attached to a Compaq AP200 from around 2002 to sometime around 2012 when I regrettably purged it. The T55 had become internally fritzy anyhow since it endured quite a lot as the family PC/gaming system/etc. It’d black out with the light still green until it was tapped rather forcefully and often would stay on again for a few more minutes/hours. I always loved how it would simply go black the moment the PC fell asleep without displaying any silly messages about lost sync or power save mode. The very instant the mouse moved it would spring right back into action. Bertha basically does the same, as well as the aluminum Apple Cinema displays. I’ve since acquired a T55A but it’s a bit less ‘tight’ in all those ways. Based on an unlikely photo from 2007 I was able to track down the 16MB AGP “Plug & Display” card paired with it, which was from Number Nine:
www.stormdecay.com:1984/rd/rd_number_nine_visual_technology.html

T55’s system type is 9513, just a digit away but worlds apart inside.

I finally found another AP200 last year and have been meaning to get it set up to test the G200MMS with Bertha (if “retail” can be made to function.)
Did you try plugging both in (four links) and using EDID 021 (four stripes)?
I haven’t, but I’ll make a note to do this. Logic seems sound.

Last edited:

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
On a similar note I’ve always thought it was interesting that the 15” PowerBook G4 DLSD used 1440x960.
Yeah, the 15.2” PowerBook G4’s 3:2 aspect ratio was/is generally intriguing. A shame the MacBook Pro ditched it.

That’s interesting. Slight reduction in viewframe to accommodate the 5:4 I assume?
Presumably.

You had mentioned the T55 and T85.
Yeah, but then changed my mind as only the interface was “special”. (Sorry!)

Based on an unlikely photo from 2007 I was able to track down the 16MB AGP “Plug & Display” card paired with it, which was from Number Nine:
www.stormdecay.com:1984/rd/rd_number_nine_visual_technology.html
Those are DVI cards, using the S3 Savage4 and Nvidia RIVA TNT2 M64 chipsets, respectively. P&D is a different connector (same TMDS signal though). The only P&D card I know of is the Matrox G200 (hello again!). Update: Direct link doesn’t work, search for “matrox g200 evc” on eBay.

I found a paper on Roentgen, confirming four inputs (page 5).

Last edited:

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Yeah, but then changed my mind as only the interface was “special”. (Sorry!)

That’s a DVI card, using the Nvidia RIVA TNT2 M64 chipset. P&D is a different connector (same TMDS signal though). The only P&D card I know of is the Matrox G200 (hello again!). Update: Direct link doesn’t work, search for “matrox g200 evc” on eBay.
Don't be sorry, I think that means I either found the wrong card or IBM later shipped it with DVI. I don't think the Compaq and the T55 were ever separated during that decade, and it was definitely what *looked* like DVI to someone who had only ever used VGA for most of that time. This is the only remnant I have (and the memory of 16MB, AGP, and performant enough for late 90s/early 2000s 3D titles):
Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 1.10.37 PM.png
I found a paper on Roentgen, confirming four inputs (page 5).
Ah, thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't seem to find it.

Last edited:

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Really a shame this lost out.

The USB connector is intended for passing mouse movements from a projector's wireless remote to the computer's presentation software
I have an InFocus LitePro 220 with the "CableWizard" which does just this. Both the on-device button panel and the remote feature a [backlit] D-pad which can control either the OSD settings menu cursor (because like the BIOS of a Digital HiNote, of course it used a cursor) or the host computer's cursor if the ADB or PS2 were plugged in. Remote also has a laser pointer :)

The connections seem a bit counterintuitive because it includes one set of adapters for both platforms, which are simply inverted on the opposite side. Display cable is DA-15 on one end and VGA on the other; mouse connector is PS/2 on one end and ADB on the other. The projector itself has outputs which give you a mouse, speaker passthrough with sub crossover, and even a mic port which is amplified through the speakers (the built-in 2-way JBL set aren't bad at all.)

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Yeah, maybe they threw in a cable with P&D on the monitor side and DVI on the computer side.
I tried a few times to see if the cable was removable but I always felt I was going to break the housing. If it was intended to be swappable it was certainly not obvious.
That doesn’t sound like the Matrox G200 to me. :p
Trying to remember examples. We probably ran most everything at 640 x 480, though the T55D scaled without AA.
Acclaim's Re-Volt, Microsoft's Monster Truck Madness 2, Disney's Emperor's New Groove action game each ran fine.
Roller Coaster Tycoon ran fine at 640 x 480, but definitely incurred a penalty at 1024 x 768 (it looked so good though!)

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I tried a few times to see if the cable was removable but I always felt I was going to break the housing. If it was intended to be swappable it was certainly not obvious.
Yet, now I see it is:

Too bad, I would love to have known before tossing it.

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
FWIW, the manual mentions P&D and the Matrox card.
Yeah, not really a mystery if I had known the back panel came off :rolleyes:
Simple as this:

On the other hand (more recent) the Coronis Fusion MDCC-6130 is a 30.4" 3280 x 2048 Dual Domain IPS driven by two DVI-DL connections:

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
I feel like I’m still missing something here. The datasheet says 2.97 Gbps corresponds to a pixel rate of 297 MHz,
297 MHz is 2.97 Gbps only if it's doing 10bpp or (8bpp using 8b/10b encoding).

while the C2G specs state a limit of 4.95 Gbps, which the HDMI wiki correlates to the raw link speed for HDMI 1.0 / 165MHz (3.96Gbps with encoding overhead.)
Yup.
165MHz * 24bpp = 3.96 Gbps
* 1/8b/10b = 4.95 Gbps.

It would need to be closer to 297MHz in order to support 4K 30Hz, but what’s with the difference in bandwidth conversions?
24bpp is 8bpc 3cpp while 8bpp is gray-scale (8bpc 1cpp)?

Or what if the 2.97 Gbps were per TMDS line? There's 3 TMDS lines. One per component.
The manual says 2.97 Gbps per data pair. A data pair is a TMDS line (differential signalling requires two wires per TMDS line).
2.97 Gbps * 3 * 8b/10b = 7.128 Gbps.
7.128 Gbps / 24 bpp = 297 MHz.

The actual limit of HDMI 1.4 for 8bpc is 340 MHz.
297MHz is the HDMI pixel clock for 4K30. It is half of the HDMI pixel clock for 4K60 (594 MHz).
The limit of HDMI 2.0 for 8bpc is 600 MHz.

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
[...] (nothing for 1440x1152, is there?)
Not to my knowledge. Just 1440×900, 1440×960, 1400×1050.

On the other hand (more recent) the Coronis Fusion MDCC-6130 is a 30.4" 3280 x 2048 Dual Domain IPS driven by two DVI-DL connections:
https://assets.barco.com/m/497754f5...nis-Fusion-6MP-DL-MDCC-6130-en-Spec-sheet.pdf
There's also a 10MP variant: 29.6" 4096×2560 greyscale DD-IPS: [http://www.hospitalengineering.cz/u...telemedicina/monitory/coronis-fusion-10mp.pdf]
And the Nio Color 5MP: 21.3" 2800×2100 colour DD-IPS (highest-resolution 4:3 LCD AFAIK): [https://assets.barco.com/m/3a5918c5826eca98/original/Nio-Color-5MP-MDNC-6121-en-Spec-sheet.pdf]

jeremywork

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
297 MHz is 2.97 Gbps only if it's doing 10bpp or (8bpp using 8b/10b encoding).

Yup.
165MHz * 24bpp = 3.96 Gbps
* 1/8b/10b = 4.95 Gbps.

24bpp is 8bpc 3cpp while 8bpp is gray-scale (8bpc 1cpp)?

Or what if the 2.97 Gbps were per TMDS line? There's 3 TMDS lines. One per component.
The manual says 2.97 Gbps per data pair. A data pair is a TMDS line (differential signalling requires two wires per TMDS line).
2.97 Gbps * 3 * 8b/10b = 7.128 Gbps.
7.128 Gbps / 24 bpp = 297 MHz.

The actual limit of HDMI 1.4 for 8bpc is 340 MHz.
297MHz is the HDMI pixel clock for 4K30. It is half of the HDMI pixel clock for 4K60 (594 MHz).
The limit of HDMI 2.0 for 8bpc is 600 MHz.
Thanks for this explanation! I didn't realize there were 3 TMDS lines in the signal, but that makes sense.

So (if I understand) the individual bandwidth of a single TMDS pair (8-bit channel) in a DVI-SL/HDMI 1.0 connection would be 1.32Gbps at 165MHz after encoding overhead.

--

I've gone back to testing with the 2008 MacBook Pro and the 2002 Titanium PowerBook.

It seems there were a couple things at play in my previous tests.
DisplayConfigX's interface requires even numbered intervals, so any attempt to enter 1, 1, 1 for vertical blanking becomes 2, 2, 2.

On the 2008 MacBook Pro using SwitchResX I can now set intervals 48, 32, 56; 1, 1, 1 and precisely the same modes work as did on the 62603 and A1306, albeit with a limit of 165.00 for SL and 330.00 for DL.

On the 2002 PowerBook using SwitchResX I can now set intervals of 48, 32, 56; 1, 1, 1, but the T221 flashes out of range and these do not work. An image is only produced after increasing the intervals to 48, 32, 64; 2, 2, 2.

Using SwitchResX to test the OSD's refresh rounding point (2002 TiBook; DVI-SL):
Using an arbitrary test case of 3840 x 1068 @ 38.497 Hz (164.72 MHz) and 3840 x 1066 @ 38.503 Hz (164.44 MHz,) both modes display '38 Hz' on the OSD (though Mac OS considers the latter 39 Hz in the UI.) [48, 32, 64; 2, 2, 2]

Increasing the clock of the 1066 resolution until '39 Hz' is displayed (rebooting between each setting):
164.62 MHz (38.545 Hz) = '38 Hz'
164.74 MHz (38.573 Hz) = '38 Hz'
164.82 MHz (38.592 Hz) = '38 Hz'
164.88 MHz (38.606 Hz) = '38 Hz'
165.00 MHz (38.634 Hz) = '38 Hz'

Since the TiBook's Radeon output timings can be directly monitored by DisplayConfigX, I've spot checked and discovered that none of these small adjustments actually affect the card's output at all. It never exceeds 164.247 MHz. So the T221's scaler is reading the signal accurately, and Mac OS is reading accurately what SwitchResX is specifying in the override, but the Radeon doesn't explicitly obey the override's timings.

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 3.09.29 AM.png

Yet, in other modes, the Radeon seems happy to actually step over the 165 MHz bound, even though the software can't instruct it to.

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 3.12.03 AM.png

Since that didn't work, I'll then try making an attempt to slow down the 3200 x 2400 resolution, since it's just over the .5 mark and the OSD does indicate 21 Hz.

3200 x 2400 @ 165.00 MHz = 20.508 MHz ('21 Hz' on OSD)
3200 x 2398 @ 164.76 MHz = 20.495 MHz ('20 Hz' on OSD)

So this one works just as expected on the first try, though the gap is much larger between the two in the DCX readings.

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 3.14.27 AM.png

Now that the 3840 x 1066 mode has been removed for a reboot cycle, I'll re-add it at 165.00 MHz:
And now the OSD shows 39 Hz and DCX shows 165.37 MHz.
So basically altering an existing resolution in this version of the software doesn't actually change the override unless the machine is booted with the resolution completely removed and then added fresh and rebooted again. Good to know I guess; I'll keep this in mind and re-test everything from a blank slate before I record any limits data with SRX on the TiBook.

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 3.26.54 AM.png

...I'm still inclined to trust the OSD; it's never disagreed with the numbers DisplayConfigX has read out from the Radeon. Unfortunately the 2008's 8600M GT doesn't allow DCX to read live timing data.

What adapters are they/what chipset do they use?
Finally got the last casing open. ...another Lontium LT6711A? I wonder why it doesn't do the same thing as the other one. Now I have a Club3D '8K' DisplayPort cable instead of a no-name, but it still just sends all connected displays into an endless loop of redetecting whenever it's plugged into the TH2G Digital SE...

There's also a 10MP variant: 29.6" 4096×2560 greyscale DD-IPS: [http://www.hospitalengineering.cz/u...telemedicina/monitory/coronis-fusion-10mp.pdf]
And the Nio Color 5MP: 21.3" 2800×2100 colour DD-IPS (highest-resolution 4:3 LCD AFAIK): [https://assets.barco.com/m/3a5918c5826eca98/original/Nio-Color-5MP-MDNC-6121-en-Spec-sheet.pdf]
Neat. I think perhaps just a generalized section with an overview of all the derivatives makes the most sense. Prototypes, siblings, offshoots, related feature-sets...

Or maybe a 'displays' parent page which the Bertha page can be listed on.

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
So basically altering an existing resolution in this version of the software doesn't actually change the override unless the machine is booted with the resolution completely removed and then added fresh and rebooted again.
SwitchResX 3.8.7 on Tiger (10.4.11) I presume?

Finally got the last casing open. ...another Lontium LT6711A? I wonder why it doesn't do the same thing as the other one. Now I have a Club3D '8K' DisplayPort cable instead of a no-name, but it still just sends all connected displays into an endless loop of redetecting whenever it's plugged into the TH2G Digital SE...
That's curious. Does it not work with the TH2G-SE at all, or not at >360 MHz?

I think perhaps just a generalized section with an overview of all the derivatives makes the most sense. Prototypes, siblings, offshoots, related feature-sets...
In that case, I'd list only prototypes, close siblings and offshoots (and Toshiba's TN version), to avoid cluttering up the page.

Or maybe a 'displays' parent page which the Bertha page can be listed on.
This would make sense if the 3280×2048 and 4096×2560 (16:10) medical displays were also included.

This tablet might also be worth mentioning because of its display (20" 3840×2560; 3:2; 230 ppi) and HDMI 2.0 input (2015 model only). On the other hand, it’s quite recent (introduced in 2013) so may not fit the bill. For me, it’s about ultra-high-res displays that were way ahead of their time.

A 22" IBM display with a resolution of 3548×2661 (4:3) is mentioned in a late-2000 issue of German computer magazine c’t (c’t 24/2000, page 62). It's behind a paywall, but I can make it available. I couldn't find anything about this display, so I guess they may have been talking about Bertha but got the resolution wrong. Or maybe......

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.