Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnpostfun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2022
Hello everybody,

I have 12” MacBook retina A1534 2015 model with screen failure (at the moment it does not work at all). When my screen was working I set my TV as a primary display and now I can use my MacBook when I connect it with HDMI to this TV. Built-in display is not working at all.

My issue is that I have bought a monitor and want to use it as a primary display, but my MacBook now recognises only my TV (because it was set as a primary display). I cannot connect 2 external displays at one time to change primary display.

May be someone could help me how I can solve this issue and how to make my new monitor as a primary display?

Thanks in advance for any help!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Command-F1 will Mirror the internal & external displays, so if you can hook the new display up that should get it working to the point that you can open Settings and change whatever needs changed.

Johnpostfun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2022
Command-F1 will Mirror the internal & external displays, so if you can hook the new display up that should get it working to the point that you can open Settings and change whatever needs changed.
Thanks a lot for your help, sure it could work in this case! I did not know about this hotkey.

My solution was Airplay. I connected my MacBook using Airplay to another one with working display. After that I could disconnect my external display and connect my new monitor.

Reactions: FreakinEurekan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.