Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Best calendar app out there.

Best calendar app there is. Sunrise comes in at a close second. I use them in conjunction with each other.

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Just realised that you can hold down a specific date in the today widget to create an event.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
What a shame.

What a shame. They are abandoning millions of users. There are literally hundreds of millions of iPhones, iPads and iPodTouches out there than run the older iOS just fine and Fantastical just fine but can't run iOS 8. It is sad to see a company abandon users and pretty dumb of them to abandon such a large market. The reality is that the older machines get passed along and become entry level units for new users. Supporting the older hardware means you gain a lot of new users you won't otherwise have. Dumb move for Fantastical.

Note, I have Fantastical. It's a great calendar program on both the MacOSX and iOS. But I think they're making a stupid move.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What a shame. They are abandoning millions of users. There are literally hundreds of millions of iPhones, iPads and iPodTouches out there than run the older iOS just fine and Fantastical just fine but can't run iOS 8. It is sad to see a company abandon users and pretty dumb of them to abandon such a large market. The reality is that the older machines get passed along and become entry level units for new users. Supporting the older hardware means you gain a lot of new users you won't otherwise have. Dumb move for Fantastical.

Note, I have Fantastical. It's a great calendar program on both the MacOSX and iOS. But I think they're making a stupid move.
Can't those users install and use the last version prior to this one (which mainly adds a bunch of iOS 8 specific items that wouldn't be useful to them anyway)?

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Why can't I add my works Google calendar to this?? I have the url not sure what I need to do...any help would be greatly apreacted!! Can't seem to sync anything to it!

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I used Fantastical for a bit
But reverted back to the stock calendar

can anyone tell me hwy Fantastical 2 is better than the stock calendar?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Pretty sure I had that issue at first and had to go through setting everything up all over again. May want to try that if you haven't already.

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, I have tried setting up my Google Account through the settings pane multiple times, restarting, hard-reboots, etc to no avail. I also don't use 2-factor authentication and don't have any app specific passwords. The app was working perfectly in iOS 7 and am at a loss at the moment. Contacted Flexibts Support for more help. But anymore advice or help would be appreciated. Don't know why it stopped syncing - looks like others aren't having the same problem as me...hmmm...

----------

Better widget?

For me, it is the incredible natural language detection engine, you could literally write out a sentence of the event and the app will automatically correctly add the event to your calendar. Its really smart, and not like the other calendar apps on the market. The widget just makes it all the more sweeter to enjoy.

----------

Why can't I add my works Google calendar to this?? I have the url not sure what I need to do...any help would be greatly apreacted!! Can't seem to sync anything to it!

Having the same issue! Looks like I am not the only one. Interesting...

MaximizedAction

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Decided to buy it. The calender is really powerful, indeed.

The ability to set what the app icon shows is great too, however I'd love it even more if the app used all of its area to display the date, like the iOS's Calender app.

But I can't remember seeing third party apps ever having dynamical icons.

LoveMyPens

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
Monthly View?

Does the iPhone version have a monthly view? If so, does it look anything like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 78
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.