Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
If anyone finds sales on S2, please share!

I’m very happy with how they did things but S1 isn’t discounted enough. Needed to be closer to $199 for that psychological price barrier.

I purchased the S1 AW a few months ago and honestly love it. Obviously the lack of GPS might be a big deal to some but unless you're looking to swim with it or go on a run without your phone, it's not really worth the additional money in my personal opinion.

I've had my watch at amusement parks with some "water rides" and it works perfectly to date. I'm not an big outside runner but I have a arm band for my 7 Plus to carry for music streaming and the watch is really accurate with the steps, calories burned and heart rate once calibrated so again, it's really all about your actual need.

Reactions: AppleKarma

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
I just went to the B&H website. They have discounted some of the S2 watches. I bought a S2 42mm SBSS for $499.99. Free shipping, no sales tax.
Yeah. I'm torn. Wanted a gold S2 or S3. B&H has gold S2 for $329 which is how much I could get new S3 for. Really I want the cheapest option.

So Gold S2 vs S3
-Prefer S2 gold and sport band over S3 pinker gold and pink band.
-ceramic back S2 vs composite back S3
-Faster chip S3 vs S2

Potential cheaper deals on S3 around black Friday might make my decision unless I see a really good deal on an open box S2

I hate decisions like these

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.