Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
Have you updated the software to iOS 12.1? I'm at work and dont' have access to WiFi so I can't install and test it out.
Doing it right now, but I have no idea what makes the speaker eventually fail, so I won't know if this update fixed it or not until it does actually fail again.

Saeloe

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2016
I have the same again now with iOS 12.1 (few weeks went without the bug on iOS 12.1) on iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold.
So the bug is still there!

Killig all open apps did not do a thing. Reboot fixed the problem.

I reported the bug again, this time by calling to customer support, they ran diagnostics on the iPhone via remote connection and everything was good, no problems on hardware etc. The customer support told that there is no solution now but the bug is now reported and and the engineers will look in to it.

Last edited:

Saeloe

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2016
This problem repeats for me every other week, rebooting my iPhone XS Max fixes it. I have contacted the support many times but they don't have any solution. Probably some application crashes the "driver" for the earpiece speaker.. AirPods and Lightning-port gives stereo sound normally.

Is anyone else affected by this bug?

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
This problem repeats for me every other week, rebooting my iPhone XS Max fixes it. I have contacted the support many times but they don't have any solution. Probably some application crashes the "driver" for the earpiece speaker.. AirPods and Lightning-port gives stereo sound normally.

Is anyone else affected by this bug?
Yes, iPhone XR though.

Reactions: Saeloe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.