Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moiraine_sedai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2020
Since the release candidate came out, I upgraded to Sequoia yesterday (15.0 (24A335)). One issue I found is that in the Firewall > options..., some apps are stuck and I'm unable to change their settings to allow/block, or delete the entries. the command line `/usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw` also does not work on these apps, see the screen shot, apps like zoom, and Things do not have the ↕️ next to allow/block, and for them the delete - and right click also does not work.

The release notes said that the firewall has some deprecation changes and the settings are no longer in the alf plist, where are they now so I can reset the settings? Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 14.45.13.png

proalorrs

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2020
Same here ... updated yesterday and Zoom did not work anymore. Found out that build in firewall rules are not editable so only workaround solution was to turn off mac firewall

Kompost

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2009
Germany
Unfortunately, I also have this problem.

In addition, there is another problem with the MacOS firewall: When MacOS automatically adds an app with the permission “Allow incoming connections” confirmed by the user (me), all incoming connections for this app are still blocked. With “block incoming connections” of course also. Also, a change is not registered with the automatically generated entries.
If the entry is created manually via the “plus”, an entry works as desired.

manofthematch

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2021
If the entry is created manually via the “plus”, an entry works as desired.
... until you close/reopen settings. Then it is gone again.

My rules list additionally features apps which I uninstalled long ago and I cannot delete these entries.

Come on, Apple. Who has forgotten to test this?

Reactions: proalorrs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.