Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
I'll likely put mine on eBay or Swappa soon, but if anyone is looking, feel free to reach out with a reasonable offer. I'm going to be parting with my Space Gray 42mm Series 2 very soon. Purchased in May of this year and in excellent condition. :D

Alway prefer things go to someone in the "community" as opposed to thought ebay whenever possible.

Even though I got one, I appreciate your post. I was sad I don’t qualify to see the marketplace yet. It’s hard to by from strangers but here you can judge better if you feel comfortable with other members.

SomeGuy2112

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I didn't even realize there was a marketplace here in the MR forums. Where do they hide that?

EDIT: I see you need 250 posts to get there. Wow, that's a lofty requirement. I've been around here a while, but I think I'm well under 200 posts.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Yeah I have been here since 2014 and was bummed it’s hidden from me when I was shopping.

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
I appreciate the comments and hopefully they will help others too. I went to a local store who had all 3 in stock, series 1and 2 even open box. They weren’t busy so I spent a long time and in the end came home with a 3. I told hubby that it’s my birthday and Christmas present both this year.. and I’m not planning on upgrading my phone now, like I had been saving for. :) this thing is sure sweet!
The difference in the prices just wasn’t enough. I didn’t get cellular. Regular aluminum, space gray. Happy birthday and merry Christmas to me! :)
Sounds to me like you made the right choice. You're investing in yourself. Now get out there and start walking off those pounds. You've got this!

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Sounds to me like you made the right choice. You're investing in yourself. Now get out there and start walking off those pounds. You've got this!
Thanks! I’ve lost 22 and am working on 7 to 12 more.. it’s fun to walk without holding a phone and still be able to reply to texts. :)

Reactions: deeddawg

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Thanks! I’ve lost 22 and am working on 7 to 12 more.. it’s fun to walk without holding a phone and still be able to reply to texts. :)

Congrats. Just remember the classic advice: exercise for fitness, eat for weight loss. Point being exercise alone doesn't work, it is far too easy to eat back more calories than the workout expended.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Congrats. Just remember the classic advice: exercise for fitness, eat for weight loss. Point being exercise alone doesn't work, it is far too easy to eat back more calories than the workout expended.
Yes it sure is. I’m using a site online and recording everything I eat, so I’m tracking calories, carbs, protein etc. I have a terrible sweet tooth and horrible eating habits. So far so good. :)

Reactions: deeddawg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Most people on eBay confuse the original “Series 0” for the Series 1, which is actually the 2nd gen.

So beware on eBay.

Very true. If somebody was in Doubt which Apple Watch they were receiving, request the serial number from the seller and verify with Apple which model it is.

SomeGuy2112

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I've honestly gotten so used to it now that I forgot about that, but yes, big difference there as well.

Honestly, the S2 is a great watch, if it weren't for the LTE I wouldn't bother upgrading.

That and also interested in increased screen brightness over the series 1

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I'm glad to see this thread. I am hoping to upgrade to the 3 soon for cellular, and I'm gonna sell my series 1 in near perfect condition. At least it'll still be worth something!

Reactions: praterkeith

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
If your on Facebook look at the marketplace, mine is full of Series 2 for $200 or less. I will be selling my Series 2 shortly and hope to get $200 for it. It’s all you need for what your doing. I’m just wanting the SS model or I’d not be selling.

Neodym

macrumors 68020
Jul 5, 2002
Honestly, the S2 is a great watch, if it weren't for the LTE I wouldn't bother upgrading.
Even ignoring LTE, the S3 is a worthwhile improvement for speed reasons alone (including wireless data transfers). And having Siri talking changes the whole interaction experience!

The efficiency improvements are showing in a better battery time if LTE is not used. And the doubled storage (and quadrupled music storage limit) on the S3 LTE may be interesting to some people as well.

Oh yes - not to forget the better speaker on S3 over S2.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I sold my Series 0 for $135 last week, so it's possible to get a great deal. Just keep looking!

I find that resale values for the Apple Watch are somewhat higher if you sell locally versus online. Especially given the condition of the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.