Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Well the best pics are toward the back. I had to leave all of them because I have magazine editors look at them, and then burn DVD's of what they want to use, so I have to put up as much as possible.

So if you want to see the good stuff, toward the back. ;)

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Somewhat off-topic, but I'll find a way to tie it in...

Gary - Lori and I have been wanting to go to a race for a while (ok - I have, but I don't think she would object :)). For the uninitiated to racing, what would be a good race (or a good race day) to head over to Annapolis? Some of those shots make me think Horn Point would be a good place to watch from - what would you suggest?

And, um....screw it. That's about all I can think to say. But, those pictures are amazing...

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
nbs2 said:
Somewhat off-topic, but I'll find a way to tie it in...

Gary - Lori and I have been wanting to go to a race for a while (ok - I have, but I don't think she would object :)). For the uninitiated to racing, what would be a good race (or a good race day) to head over to Annapolis? Some of those shots make me think Horn Point would be a good place to watch from - what would you suggest?

And, um....screw it. That's about all I can think to say. But, those pictures are amazing...

You should come down for the Volvo Ocean Race here in Annapolis, which just finished this week.

I just put a gallery up here.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
It is pretty cool. Unfortunately I haven't been able to take advantage of some press credentials to get into interviews and tour the boats, but I hope to get to Baltimore this week or here the following to see the boats and get some pics.

You can come here and sail. Just have to find a place to stay - ours is too small.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iGary said:
Yeah, but you prolly make a whole lot more fracking coin than I do. :(
I doubt it. And, even if I do, you actually enjoy your job (well, at least parts of it) - which is worth a lot of $$ in my book.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Those are awesome pics iGary. Yacht racing is my absolute passion but we don't have people taking cool shots like that very often and the weather isn't that good! Any time you feel like expanding to the UK east coast.....

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I just noticed there's a picture of "Warrior" in there, Jeff Hodor's Sun Fast 35! Not sure if he still owns it though, I know he was looking to sell last time I was in touch with him.

Do you know him iGary?

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
sunfast said:
I just noticed there's a picture of "Warrior" in there, Jeff Hodor's Sun Fast 35! Not sure if he still owns it though, I know he was looking to sell last time I was in touch with him.

Do you know him iGary?

Yeah - I worked at Fawcett's in town here for 11 years - hence my "marine" theme to business - I know him, but don't know if he is still on it.

The Volvo Race is pulling in to Annapolis tonight, so I'll have pictures of that and the start up overthe next few days - stay tuned.

I used to really be into sailing too - I lived abourd for 11 years and raced and cruised all over the places. I prefer to be a spectator now. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.